Maxine has significant experience in a broad range of Real Estate matters specialising in commercial and residential development on behalf of landowners, large and small scale developers and local authorities. She inspires trust and confidence with her problem-solving approach and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure the best possible service and outcome for her clients.
- Acting for a local authority undertaking a largescale redevelopment of a town centre, including involvement in managing the project and timelines for delivery to meet planning expectations. Work involved in this project included a report to the client prior to development, highlighting legal issues and making proposals on how to resolve them. This was followed by continuing support over the lifetime of the project including an agreement for lease and development agreement for the multi-let town centre comprising a doctor’s surgery, library, pharmacy and police headquarters, agreements for lease and development agreement for a newbuild multi-let retail unit, renewal of 12 shop unit leases and other ancillary works including service agreements, release and grant of rights to facilitate development and electric charging points.
- Acting for a local authority disposing of land for a major new rail connected train manufacture and maintenance plant followed by a later multi-million disposal of the remainder of the site to a commercial developer. Interlinked dealings were highly technical and critical for the delivery of the disposal.
Housebuilding & Strategic Land
- Providing pre-development reports which involve a full health check to identify issues which could impact on proposals for disposal, redevelopment or regeneration. Such reports are intended to be presented to board members/local authority officers for consideration when decision making.
- Numerous disposals on behalf of local authorities and landowners for the purpose of residential development. In most cases conditional on one or more matters such as planning, ground conditions, price adjustments. With associated overage.
- Acting for a house builder in relation to the acquisition of part of a multi-phase site conditional on reserved matters approval.
- Acting for a local authority assembling a significant midlands site for residential redevelopment. This ongoing matter involves the negotiation of the acquisition of numerous land parcels from third party landowners critical for procuring withdrawal of objections prior to a Compulsory Purchase Order hearing. Maxine is also dealing with the phased disposals to the developer.
- Advising a local authority disposing of its iconic civic building to facilitate a move to new premises. The property was subject to numerous complicated residential and commercial tenancies which needed to be navigated.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014