Maxine is a commercial lawyer with significant experience in a broad range of Real Estate matters.
She has experience dealing with a variety of clients including granting and taking leases, acquisitions and disposals, development, retail, joint ventures and property portfolio management.
Maxine acts for both public and private clients, developing property for commercial use. This has included advising on infrastructure works and overage/clawback provisions.
- Acting for a local authority undertaking a significant redevelopment of a town centre, including involvement in managing the project and timelines for delivery to meet planning expectations. Work involved in this project included a report to the client prior to development, highlighting legal issues and making proposals on how to resolve them.
Maxine acts for both public and private clients, developing property for residential use. This has included advising on infrastructure works and overage/clawback provisions.
- Providing detailed advice to a local authority on overage/clawback relating to a significant residential development site.
Maxine primarily acts for numerous local authorities in connection with their portfolio of property – including conditional and unconditional sales and purchases of land, residential and commercial development, agreements for lease, granting and taking leases and underleases, renewal leases, options, pre-emptions, acquiring and granting of legal easements, licences to occupy and/or alter and resolving title issues.
- Acting for a local authority selling their iconic civic centre, subject to numerous complicated residential and commercial tenancies.
- Sale of land on behalf of a local authority as part of a joint venture with a private developer and social housing provider.
- Granting of numerous Academy leases, in accordance with Department of Education requirements and to meet strict timescales.
- A purchase of investment land on behalf of a local authority.
- Acting on behalf of local authority in relation to the sale at auction of an industrial estate comprising in excess of 10 occupational tenants.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014