Nick is an experienced real estate lawyer, specialising in large-scale development projects; from land assembly and site acquisition through development, forward funding, pre-lets, management and disposals. He regularly acts for both developers and promoters as well as funders, whether institutional or otherwise.
Nick has managed projects in both the commercial and residential spheres, acting on sites comprising Build to Rent and student accommodation, logistics hubs and mixed-use regeneration. He recognises that every development site has its own quirks and enjoys finding workable solutions to the challenges each deal brings.
Originally having started his career with the firm between 2007-2014, Nick re-joined Freeths in 2022 after working at other top-20 law firms.
- Acted for Harworth Group plc on its acquisiton of a 133-acre strategic land site in Staveley, Derbyshire for the construction of up to 600 homes.
- Acted for Caddick Developments on its £300m development at Quarry Hill, Leeds including the ‘New York Square’ 515 bed Build to Rent development for Moda Living.
- Acted for Russells Group on its acquisition of a site in Rochdale, previously used as landfill, for the development of c.1.5 million sqft of commercial space.
- Acted for Legal and General on its acquisition of a multi-let commercial business park in Guildford as part of a £1bn+ portfolio purchase.
- Acted for Moorfield on its portfolio of forward funded Build to Rent and student accommodation developments comprising more than 2500+ beds across England.
To contact Nick or for more information…
Russells WBHO(“Nick was excellent in terms of engagement and input. The quality of advice was very high and he was available consistently at short notice and out of hours when necessary. We are delighted with the way he presented complex situations and juggled interlinked contracts to enable multiple and inextricably linked deals to be progressed. Nick also served as project manager to the wider services that needed to be drawn in and provided an excellent non-technical summary of the wider services for key members of our team.”)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014