‘Patrick Whetter is a joy to work with. He is capable, knowledgeable and approachable. I am very confident in his ability to get the job done and his representation of me as a client. Patrick understands our needs and the challenges that we work with.’
(The Legal 500, 2024)
A highly experienced property lawyer, Patrick specialises in many aspects of commercial property with particular expertise in commercial landlord and tenant, freehold acquisitions and disposals and all aspects of property portfolio management.
Patrick is Head of Real Estate Life Sciences advising investors as well as occupiers and is a very experienced operator in the life science sector.
Patrick is well versed in the challenges and opportunities facing the life sciences sector and it’s particular property needs and requirements.
Patrick recently advised Swailes Suites on the development and letting of the Oxford Superlab and advises Perspectum and Aimmune Therapeutics on their UK property requirements.
Patrick is listed as a Leading Individual in Chambers (2024 edition) and as a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 (2024 edition).
- Advising global manufacturer of healthcare products on phased relocation of HQ to 3 new builds.
- Advising a household name on a £23 million divestment with associated and rail link network.
- Acting for occupier on 400,000 sq. ft. letting of newbuild warehouse.
- Acting on acquisition of a Business Park in the Midlands.
- Acting on sale of an £18 million investment portfolio of 24 industrial units.
- Acting on the refinance of a property portfolio of 60 units, with a value of £15 million.
Asset Management & Investment
Patrick has experience advising institutions and private investors on mixed portfolios.
- Advising on a large retail/office/residential portfolio including management issues and also disposal and acquisition of business park and retail property.
Patrick has experience advising a number of lenders on security aspects relating care homes and also global manufacturers of healthcare devices.
- Advising a lender on the sale of 30 bed care home site and development and relocation to newbuild a 60 bed care home.
- Advising global manufacturer of healthcare devices on phased relocation from existing office and warehouse distribution facilities to 3 newbuild sites.
To contact Patrick or for more information…
“Patrick has a full grasp of both Landlord and tenant challenges in contractural negotiations. Patrick was readily available during our Superlab negotiations and was key to the success in completing the deal. Five star service”(Swailes Suites, 2023)
“Patrick Whetter and his team were superb and great communicators. They showed high level knowledge and were responsive and efficient”(General Counsel, Perspectum, 2023)
“I am very happy with the service that Patrick provided.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“He always gets stuff done and is a really good communicator.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“Patrick is speedy and reliable. He delivers pragmatic advice with a positive attitude.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
“Patrick Whetter has significant experience in investment transactions and property portfolio management. His recent work includes assisting clients with transactions in the retail industry, along with advising notable banking institutions on property finance issues.”(Chambers & Partners)
“The ‘great’ and ‘very approachable’ Patrick Whetter has ‘good commercial knowledge,’ according to clients. He advises on a broad spectrum of commercial property work, particularly investment property matters and lease-related issues.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Patrick Whetter – so approachable even when contacted out of the blue. Extremely helpful and ensures a timely response to whatever is required.”(The Legal 500, 2022)
“Patrick is very practical, personable and provides good levels of support.”(Chambers & Partners, 2022)
“Patrick Whetter is identified as ‘a very thorough and pragmatic’ solicitor who is able to ‘progress complex situations’ and ‘goes beyond expectations to deliver work in very tight timescales’.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014