Clinical Negligence Executive
With 18 years’ experience as a litigator in both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence, Phillip prides himself on his client-focused approach to cases. He combines a thoroughgoing knowledge of practice and procedure with an acute awareness of the very human stories of loss and suffering behind each case.
Based in Freeths’ Nottingham offices, Phillip runs a full caseload of clinical negligence claims covering such diverse disciplines as general surgery, cardiology, ophthalmology, nephrology, urology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, dentistry, and psychiatric care. Phillip is also experienced in dealing with claims involving fatalities, both adult and infant, where his dedication to providing a proactive and sensitive service to his clients is at its most evident.
Phillip strives always to achieve the best possible settlement for those who instruct him, either by means of litigation, negotiation, or, increasingly, mediation.
Since September 2021 Phillip has also been the East Midlands regional coordinator for the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Obtained settlement in a case, 5 years in duration, on behalf of a widow whose husband died due to heart problems exacerbated by a fall in a nursing home.
- Secured an award for a Claimant left with extensive scarring to her legs following negligent electrotherapy.
- Won compensation for a Claimant who suffered permanent eye problems due to the negligence of a leading high street optician.
- Acted successfully for a Claimant left in need of further surgery due to negligent aftercare following gallbladder removal.
- Freeths represent families at inquest into multiple deaths at Nottingham Hospital
- Doctors raise concerns over hay fever jabs
- Government forced to provide report following “inadequate” maternity services
- Freeths and Ropewalk Chambers instructed on multiple deaths at Nottingham Hospital
- Nottingham University Hospital’s maternity services rated as inadequate by the CQC
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014