Richard is a Senior Associate in the Compliance and Regulatory team at Freeths.
Richard was admitted as a Solicitor in 2014 and has experience working in civil and criminal litigation.
Richard joined Freeths in August 2022 having previously spent several years working at a leading insurance litigation firm where he represented insurers in large loss claims and represented their policyholders in HSE investigations, prosecutions and inquest proceedings.
Richard was described as a ‘key lawyer’ in the 2021 and 2022 Legal 500 rankings.
Compliance & Regulatory
Examples of Richard’s recent experience include representing:-
- a fabrication company in a HSE prosecution after an employee lost his thumb while operating an electromagnetic drill
- a hotel group in a local authority prosecution brought under the Food Safety Act 1990
- an energy company and its director in a HSE prosecution after an individual fell from height and suffered life-changing injuries
- a private ambulance service at an inquest after a service user fell while under their care
- a major timber company in a HSE investigation after an employee suffered a serious hand injury in an accident in a sawmill
- a major refrigeration company in a HSE investigation after an employee suffered a serious hand injury while operating a milling machine
- a prison health care provider at numerous pre-inquest reviews
- The Economic Crime & Corporate Transparency Act – a new dawn in the fight against economic crime and fraud?
- Underage sale of knives: No April fools as new sentencing guidelines threaten sharp increase in sanctions
- Guidance issued in respect of the Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022
- The HSE has announced they will be carrying out a programme of asbestos inspections to schools in England, Scotland and Wales from September 2022 onwards
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014