Managing Partner - Birmingham
"Managing Partner Richard Beverley continues to be active in the retail sector, where clients range from major supermarkets to fashion boutiques."
(The Legal 500)
Richard leads our Birmingham office and specialises in complex real estate transactions, as well as professional indemnity matters concerning real estate professionals in particular.
Richard works with a wide range of clients in the retail sector. He is an experienced commercial lawyer, praised for his sound commercial advice, attention to detail and friendly manner. Richard was also instrumental in establishing FC Retail – a dedicated service at Freeths, tailored to offer specialised legal expertise to retail clients.
Richard is an Accredited Mediator and is listed as a Recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 (2017 Edition).
Richard brings 30 years of experience to the resolution of disputes involving professionals and is regularly involved in technical disputes in relation to building and construction as well as tax issues. He is an accredited mediator, undertaking mediations which require Real Estate expertise in particular.
- Richard acted on behalf of Gant (UK) Limited in respect of their recent relocation of their UK Headquarters to Holborn in London, as well as on their opening of new stores on Regent Street and at St Pancras in London and those in new retail developments in Leeds and Oxford.
- Richard represented a Developer Client in respect of a large scale lane assembly site in the North West, which will constitute a residential let (900 new homes) mixed use development in conjunction with the adjoining landowner.
- Richard is currently acting on behalf of Birmingham based food export specialists Y International on their £15 million move to new headquarters following the acquisition of the new site and construction of buildings to house their offices and logistics operation.
- Richard has led a number of large/complex Real Estate projects recently to include the acquisition and development of a large residential led sites, representing Developers and landowners in large scale Promotion Agreements, to include town centre extensions and the acquisition of Shopping Centres on behalf of institutional investors and Local Authorities. He is particularly experienced in leading multi-disciplinary teams in relation to transactions to include planning, construction, tax and funding.
- Investment Property Forum
“We have worked closely with Richard on a number of (sometimes complex) property deals and the support and advice he has given is invaluable. Richard and his team, aided by their wealth of experience in our industry, are able to consistently strike an excellent balance between providing a highly trusted level of legal diligence and attention to detail, coupled with commerciality and pragmatism when required. All this is achieved in a personable and friendly manner and one which seeks to provide clarity and simplicity to a situation – speaking from a client perspective, this is greatly appreciated and valued.”(Peter Lay, Financial Director, Gant UK Limited)
“Paul Smith likes to adopt a relaxed but professional approach to business. Richard fits into this style with ease and consistently provides us with sound commercial advice.”(Ashley Long, Managing Director, Paul Smith Ltd)
“When I choose a law firm, they become an extension of our own team and we are judged by our clients on overall experience and performance levels. It is important therefore to select a firm that will deliver alongside us in all departments such as property, construction, finance and planning. The team, led by Richard Beverley, has the resource and expertise to perform on all fronts.”(David Smith, Director, Strata Real Estate Consulting LLP)
“I have known Richard for 10 years and found him approachable, very responsive, a true lateral thinking problem solver whom always goes the extra mile to deliver a best in class service. Having Richard on the team gives us the reassurance of a dynamic efficient service in the most challenging of transactions.”(Christopher Hipkiss, Broomfield Property)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014