"Thank you for your help and support, an excellent service as always."
(Tim Johnson, Chancerygate)
A diligent Real Estate lawyer, Sarah specialises in development and investment acquisitions for large London based clients, assessing sites and advising on the crucial issues.
Sarah also has a strong Landlord and Tenant background, advising both Landlords and Tenants on the grant of new leases and on all aspects of leasehold management work.
- Assisting on the forward funding of a development site in Coventry for £3.2 million. Preparing the legal pack for the prospective purchaser and funder, attending meetings and providing prompt responses to all enquiries made.
- Assisting on a portfolio acquisition for a Fund for £51 million. Liaising with the purchasing team to ensure queries were raised centrally and in a consistent way. Negotiating and obtaining the high value indemnity insurance policies for each site where required.
- Dealing with the acquisition of a development site in Kent for £2.7 million. Reviewing the legal pack and negotiating the transaction documentation. Reporting to the client on key issues.
- Dealing with the investment acquisition of an industrial estate in Ossett for £3.4 million. Reviewing the occupational leases and checking that were all in good order and reporting on the key terms.
- Dealing with an Agreement for Lease of office premises in central London with an annual rent of £413,000. Negotiating the documentation governing the works of both the Landlord and the client and ensuring the clients expectations were met.
Acting for University and College Landlords in the granting of new leases, acquisitions and the securing of funding.
- Granting leases of laboratories and playing fields. Preparing the appropriate documentation to ensure the client is protected at the end of the term to allow flexibility.
- Reporting to lenders on the properties held by the client. Reviewing the title documentation and interpreting and reporting on search results.
Acting for retailer Tenants in the taking of new leases and the renewal of existing leases.
- Reviewing and advising on revised terms for a renewal lease for a national retailer Tenant of their lease of a prominent London store.
- Negotiating a renewal lease of an existing store in a high end shopping mall. Ensuring the Tenant’s position was not diminished.
Acting for Local Authorities across the country in the granting of new leases and general leasehold management work.
- Granting a new lease of a property in Surrey. Preparing the necessary documentation and progressing the matter to a successful conclusion.
- Dealing with multiple sub-lettings and consents for alterations on an Industrial Estate in Guildford. Preparing and negotiating the necessary documentation.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014