Shireen has advised local authorities on Commercial Contract Law and Procurement Law, including drafting contracts, frameworks and dynamic purchasing agreement in relation to goods, services, ICT and social care.
She negotiates contracts including direct awards and call off from external frameworks as well as advising on legalities around contract management and matters arising during the term of a contract as well as extensions, variations and novation.
Shireen advises on procurement law and legal implications from higher level decision making. Providing consultation advice and guidance as to best practice, together with subsidy and state aid advice.
She has worked with other local authorities in relation to joint procurement opportunities and prepares joint working agreements to facilitate a harmonious relationship.
Procurement Law & Litigation
- Drafted and set up a dynamic purchasing agreement in relation to a procurement for transport services. This included reviewing client requirements and aligning the need to be able to quickly onboard new suppliers in accordance with timescales for dynamic purchasing systems without compromising selection process, ensuring a smooth process.
- Negotiated a high value contract in relation to Green Grants, following receipt of funding from central government, due to tight timescales for delivering the works and spending funding received.
- Drafted a suite of contracts in relation to a full procurement for domestic violence services, being procured together with various stakeholder partners. Worked with legal colleagues for the partners to ensure the opportunities were advertised concurrently and a relevant joint working agreement put in place to set out member obligations in relation to the procurement and continuing contract management.
Drafting various contracts in relation to goods, services, consultancy, frameworks, SAAS, ICT software licence, JCT, NEC.
State aid and subsidy advice in relation to government funding and it’s use and whether this amounted to a subsidy under the new rules.
- New Procurement Thresholds for UK Public Sector
- New procurement thresholds for UK public sector
- ICO Guidance Overview: Lawfully Monitoring Workers
- ICO welcomes views on its draft Data Protection Fining Guidance
- EU-US Data Privacy Framework challenge rejected by EU General Court
- Clearview AI Wins Appeal against the ICO
- UK-US Data Bridge approved as an extension of the Data Privacy Framework
- Challenges in procuring for future legislative changes: How to build a resilient service
- ICO publishes journalism code of practice
- UK information commissioner’s office publishes new guidance on the use of PETs
- World ethical data foundation publishes “Me-We-It: Open standard for responsible AI”
- A (data) bridge to… the US: How the EU’s American dream will extend to the UK
- The American dream has come true for EU businesses that export personal data to the US
- Preparing for Challenge – Consistency in Collections
- FOIA and EIR public interest complaints to be prioritised by the ICO
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Spring 2023
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Winter 2022/23
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Autumn 2022
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Summer 2022
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014