Zac Clayton specialises in development, investment and landlord and tenant work for developer, corporate occupier, institutional and international investor clients. He works across various sectors, and has experience in retail, industrial, student and office sectors. Zac originally qualified at DLA Piper in Liverpool before moving to Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner in London for 5 years. Zac also spent six months on secondment at BlackRock, assisting their in-house legal team.
Zac is thorough and organised in his approach, seeking out pragmatic solutions for his clients. He helps his clients achieve their objectives by understanding their needs and then working closely with them to achieve the best possible outcome. Zac’s hard work, project management skills and ability to get on with all the different stakeholders help ensure a successful outcome and that timescales are met.
- Great Portland Estates – advising GPE in relation to the redevelopment of a mixed office and residential building near Oxford Street, London, and subsequently advising on the pre-letting of the redeveloped building to office and retail tenants.
- BlackRock Property Funds – acting for BlackRock on asset management matters, acquisitions and disposals of various properties in several of their investment. Zac was also seconded to the in-house legal property team at BlackRock.
- US law firm – acting for a confidential client in relation to their property arrangements in London including the re-gearing of their existing lease arrangements and sale of unwanted office space.
- International investor – working closely with the client partner to lead a Singaporean investor through their first property acquisition in the UK of a prime office building in the City of London for c.£200million. Zac’s subsequent work for this client involved the supervision of junior lawyers on asset management of the building.
- Freeths advises on EG Group’s sale of UK KFC franchises
- Freeths advises on completion of EG Group’s UK sale to Asda
- Real Estate Blog: Fully Charged? A preview of the draft Public Charge Point Regulations 2023
- Freeths advise on largest KFC Franchise deal
- A river runs through it – buying or developing land near a watercourse: compliance
- A river runs through it – buying or developing land near a watercourse: boundary issues
- A river runs through it – buying or developing land near a watercourse
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014