HR Seminar: Investigations – Getting it right – Milton Keynes – 22 October 2019
Investigations – Getting it Right
It is crucial to carry out the investigation stage of your disciplinary process correctly – if you get it wrong it can make any resulting dismissal unfair and/or could lead to allegations of discrimination.
This talk will give you a practical overview of how to conduct an internal investigation as part of a disciplinary process. We will look at various case studies giving you practical tips and advice on how to conduct an investigation and avoid some common pitfalls.
The talk will cover:
- A reminder on unfair dismissal law, ACAS Code of Practice and Company Policies
- Whether there is a need to suspend during an investigation
- Best Practice – the extent of the investigation, collating evidence, witnesses and record keeping
- What happens when a grievance is raised during the disciplinary process?
- Dealing with sickness absence during the investigation
Who should attend:
Aimed at HR professionals, business owners/directors and managers with HR responsibility.
8.30am – Registration and light breakfast
9.00am – Presentation and questions
The event will close by 10.30am.
Tuesday 22nd October 2019
Freeths LLP, Routeco Office Park, Davy Avenue, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8HJ
Register your interest to attend this event by submitting the form below.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014