European Protected Species Law Webinar
One-Day Legal Training Course (split into two half-day sessions) for Ecological Consultants and Developers
We are planning on delivering our tried & tested Freeths European Protected Species (EPS) legal course online (via Zoom) over two half days.
This is our detailed legal course for Ecological Consultants & Developers who have some experience of European Protected Species (EPS) licensing. It provides a detailed explanation of the EPS legal framework & how to work with the framework to get the best results for your development projects. The course includes updates on GCN district licensing & NE’s EPS policies 1-4.
The implications of Brexit for EPS regulation, including impacts on caselaw and on the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017.
Environment Act 2021
The implications of the Environment Act 2021 for EPS regulation, including impacts on the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- What is it?
- How does it work: NE’s approach and Naturespace’s approach
- Implications for ecological consultancies
EPS criminal law and when you do / don’t need an EPS licence
- Detailed session on each of the key criminal offences applying to EPS
- What do the offences mean in practice?
- The up to date case law behind them
- How to apply the offences to your clients’ projects
- How to max out legitimate unlicensed works to benefit your clients
- When you do / don’t need a licence for Temporary Amphibian Fencing?
Natural England’s EPS Licensing Policies
- What do NE’s four EPS licensing policies mean?
- How do you apply them?
- Experience to date on how to get maximum benefits for developers from the policies
Planning and EPS
- Up to date case law on how EPS should be treated in the planning system
- What impact does Brexit have on the relevant caselaw?
- How to overcome EPS-related objections at the planning stage (looking at both EIA and non-EIA development)?
Testimonials from our 2021 online courses
- “Great course and trainer”
- “A very good course as usual, open and friendly presentation and a resource that is not available elsewhere”
- “I actually enjoyed the online event more than if I’d attended the usual classroom type teaching. Less travel, less carbon footprint, no travel cost and just more comfortable and relaxed.”
- “The course was excellent – really interesting and helps my understanding of HRA.”
- “It was extremely engaging and really informative”
£285* / £300 per ticket (plus VAT) *early bird offer (limited spaces). These prices include a booking fee.
All course materials will be provided.
Places are limited so we recommend that you register your interest here as soon as possible.
Tickets may only be changed or cancelled up to seven days before the seminar is due to take place. After that date no refunds given or changes made.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014