Biodiversity Net Gain under the Environment Act 2021: Key Issues for Consultant Ecologists
This is a legal course for consultant ecologists on the new Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) (and related) provisions under the Environment Act 2021.
The course will focus on:
- What are the BNG requirements under the 2021 Act?
- When will the BNG legal requirements come into force?
- What legal agreements are needed to underpin biodiversity units?
- What will be the role of s106s / conservation covenants?
- What is the role of the biodiversity unit register?
- What do we expect the anticipated secondary legislation to cover?
- What will this mean for developers?
- What will this mean for landowners?
- How will this fit with existing policy-driven (development-plan) BNG requirements?
- What happens now if landowners want to offer biodiversity units?
Date: Tuesday 18th January 2022
The session will be held at 9:00am on Tuesday 18 January 2022. This course lasts 3.5 hours in length including a break.
£135 per ticket plus VAT (limited spaces). This price includes a booking fee.
Please note, we have had to increase the ticket price due to the increased teaching time and course length.
All course materials will be provided.
Places are limited so we recommend that you book your place as soon as possible.
To book your place please click the link below. Note that you will be directed to the Eventbrite website in order to pay and reserve your place on this course.
Please note that tickets may only be changed or cancelled up to seven days before the seminar is due to take place. After that date no refunds will be given or changes made.
We are also offering to run this course in house for ecological consultancies who wish to train all their ecologists at once (and benefitting from a confidential forum).
Speaker: Penny Simpson
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014