Advertising to children – the impact of getting it wrong
According to the ASA, 93% of 11-17 year olds have a personal account with at least one of the major social media platforms.
As the scope to advertise to children increases, regulators are clamping down to seek to protect children from misleading, harmful or offensive adverts. The impact of getting it wrong should be front of mind for anyone responsible for Advertising and Marketing to children.
Our webinar will discuss the top 5 considerations when advertising to children or working with child influencers;
1. General rules on advertising to children
2. Promotions directed at children
3. ASA guidance on age restricted ads
4. Using the personal data of a child
5. Contracting with children
We will also cover:
– The ASA 100 Children Report
– The Online Harms Bill
– The CAP Code rules on media placement of age-restricted ads
– GDPR when advertising to children or working with child influencers
Date: Wednesday 29th March 2023
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014