Sickness Absence Management and Capability Dismissals Seminar – Nottingham
The cost of absence from work due to sickness in the UK hit £20bn in 2021. Nearly 150 million working days were lost to sickness / injury (an average of 4.6 days taken per employee) with the highest rates of sickness absence including women, older workers and those with long-term health conditions.
Employers and HR professionals continue to find much of their time taken up with managing absence and the associated disruption and administration that flows from it.
Let us reveal the ‘do’s and don’ts’ on sickness absence management and support you in understanding the obligations on you when it comes to ill health capability dismissals.
Join members of our East Midlands Employment team and other HR professionals in May 2023, for an in person seminar in which we will consider:
- Practical issues like reporting, return to work interviews and sick pay
- When sickness absence becomes a problem
- How to conduct a fair capability procedure
- Disability and reasonable adjustments
- Dismissal on the grounds of ill health
You will be able to:
- Network with other managers and HR professionals over breakfast
- Share your experiences
- Receive best practice tips
- Leave confident and more informed about managing sickness absence
Arrive from 9am for breakfast with the seminar starting at 9.30am sharp.
Date: Wednesday 3rd May 2023
Time: 9:30am – 11:00am
Location: Freeths, 80 Cumberland Pl, Mount St, Nottingham NG1 6HH
If you have any questions regarding the event, please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014