News & Guidance
Brexit: Where are we now?
Following the UK’s formal exit from the EU on 31 January 2020, a transition period began, during which the intention is that the UK and the EU negotiate the details of their future relationship, based on the broad principles set out in the Political Declaration which accompanied the Withdrawal Agreement.
Brexit Brunch Week
For a whole week, from Monday 22nd February – Monday 1st March 2021, our experts took a look at the real life implications for UK businesses, discussed what we have seen in the marketplace and took a look forward at what is yet to come.
Watch back all 6 webinars here:
- Webinar 1 – Protecting your business post Brexit
- Webinar 2 – Data protection under Brexit
- Webinar 3 – De risking international supply chain
- Webinar 4 – Contracts, contract disputes and arbitration under Brexit
- Webinar 5 – Global mobility – securing your workforce after Brexit
- Webinar 6 – Intellectual property and Brexit
Areas Affected by Brexit
Commercial Contracts & Trade
- The impact of Brexit on commercial contracts Part 1: the potential disruptors
- The impact of Brexit on commercial contracts Part 2: what to consider
- Brexit and CE Marking
- The impact of Brexit on commercial contracts Part 3: the practical viewpoint
- Onward with the creation of Freeports
- 2022 Begins – Another procurement law controversy?
- Supply Chain Disruption
- The New National Security and Investment Regime
- State Aid post Brexit
- Competition Law Post Transition
- Are cheap imports wearing you down? – how to make use of new UK trade remedies following Brexit
- CMA commences UK competition law review of the retained EU Vertical Agreements Block Exemption
- The new UK subsidy control regime: the effect of Brexit on state aid
- Subsidy Control – The same but different?
- Shaking Up the UK Antitrust Landscape: Government consults on major reforms to UK competition law and policy as well as digital markets
- How will Brexit impact Data Protection and what should we be doing?
- How should you choose your EU Data Protection Authority?
- Appointing EU Representatives: What, Why, When, How
- Do you Transfer Data from the EU? EU Makes Significant New Developments for SCCs
- International Data Transfers: EU publishes draft Adequacy Decision
- EU Adopts Revised EU Standard Contractual Clauses: What does this mean for Businesses transferring data from the EU?
- EU Commission grants UK data “adequate” status – Frictionless data flows between the EU and UK may continue (for now)
- UK Government proposes raft of post-Brexit Data Protection measures and reforms
- UK-EU Business Travel – Understanding country-specific visa requirements
- The new Rules for the post-Brexit immigration system
- Status of European nationals in the UK after the end of the transition period
- Do I need to change my right to work process for European nationals post-Brexit?
- The ‘Surinder Singh’ Immigration Route is Set to Close 29 March 2022
- On The List: Care Workers Eligible for Skilled Worker Visas
Clean Energy, Waste & Sustainability
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014