News & Guidance
Since the first indications of the potential impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak on international trade, Freeths have been advising our clients on how to manage that impact within their business. In addition to providing both detailed and strategic advice, we have created articles and appeared on BBC News advising on the impact of coronavirus.
On 29th January 2020, when the virus was limited to China, we were considering how this would impact upon supply chains. In our article: Coronavirus – Is your supply chain affected? Rebecca Howlett and Jessica Brickley of the Freeths Commercial team discuss how businesses should prepare for disruption caused by the virus. Read here.
A month later as the spread of the virus took hold across numerous countries, we wrote an update article on 28th February 2020: Coronavirus: Force Majeure or not Force Majeure, that is the question… In this article, Louise Wilson and Josh Middleton of the Freeths Commercial Dispute Management team take a more in-depth look at force majeure clauses in the context of coronavirus. Read here.
How we can help
We are experienced in advising on the impact of the likely disruption, and economic repercussions upon businesses across multiple sectors. In order to assist you in preparing for the impact of the outbreak on your business and employees, we have collated our expertise in one place and set up a helpline for you to speak with our experts. We will update the information contained here as the situation develops and the effects of the outbreak become clearer.
If you would like to talk through the consequences for your business, call our Coronavirus Helpline on 0845 404 4111 for a free consultation (on appropriate commercial enquiries only).
- Commercial Contracts and Supply Chain FAQ
- Q&A for Employers
- Coronavirus: Q&A regarding Government-backed Business Support
- FAQs for Landlords and Tenants of Commercial Properties
- Coronavirus: Business Interruption Insurance – FAQs
- Covid-19: Q&A on Business Closures
- Covid-19: Q&A on Help for the self-employed
- Coronavirus: Job Retention Scheme
- COVID-19 FAQs on Corporate Decision Making
- Coronavirus and the current impact on football
- Employment Tribunals announce no in-person ET Hearings from next week – all converted to case management telephone hearing
- COVID-19 – Updated guidance from the Health and Safety Executive
- COVID-19 and the criminal law – Are companies at risk of prosecution?
- Collaborating in Construction through the Covid-19 conundrum
- Coronavirus: Football Clubs and their Employees
- COVID-19 and construction sites – new guidance published by Construction Leadership Council
- Residential Properties – A complete ban on evictions and additional protections for renters
- Moratorium on Forfeiture of Business Tenancies
- COVID-19 and final salary schemes
- COVID-19: Tips for managing contracts now and avoiding future disputes
- #TomkinsTalks on the impact of the Coronavirus Act on commercial tenancies (video)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014