Supporting your business at all levels
Insurance claims & disputes
Our specialist team have extensive experience in handling insurance claims & disputes, and have a deep understanding of the unique demands and pressures of the insurance market. We combine sector-specific knowledge, regulatory expertise & a client-based approach to provide strategic legal advice to policyholders, insurers and brokers.
Who we act for:
We advise corporate policyholders, major insurers, Lloyds syndicates, brokers, loss adjustors and insurance claims professionals on policy wording, complex claims and coverage disputes across the following commercial and financial lines of business:
- Business interruption
- Employers and public liability
- Directors & officers (‘D&O’)
- Product liability
- Professional negligence
- Property and casualty
- Policy coverage
- Subrogated recoveries
- Waiver & indemnity (‘W&I’)
Sectors we specialise in
Our team specialises in the following sectors:
Recent work experience
- Acting on behalf of a Mayfair nightclub policyholder in relation a £6M COVID-19 business interruption insurance claim.
- Acting for a building sub-contractor policyholder in a multiparty dispute in relation to alleged professional negligence arising from £8M building fire damage and thirdparty liability claims, involving insurance coverage, liability apportionment and indemnity issues.
- Advising an employment agency on various claims with a value in excess of £10M arising out of breaches of nonsolicitation and exclusivity restrictive covenants in a supplier agreement by the principal contractor, which included the consideration of injunctive relief.
- Advising and representing an online digital marketing agency to recover sums due under a supplier agreement and refundable deployed capital due to force majeure.
- Advising a policyholder in relation to an environmental disaster, pollution risk and consequent litigation advice and reputation management.
- Advising various policyholders on COVID-19 risk management strategy and investigating a subsequent employer’s liability fatality claim.
- Advising a global logistics policyholder on the cost and transference of insurance claims liability from an insolvent commercial entity to another subsidiary company and the implications this would have on the applicable corporate dissolution process.
Alternatively complete the form below:
National Head of Team
0345 077 9567
0186 578 1055
0345 634 2577
0186 578 1058
0345 274 6909
0345 077 9567
0345 050 3698
0186 578 1061
0345 634 2584
0186 578 1020
0345 166 6305
0186 578 1057
01865 781 023
0345 404 4147
0345 274 6876
0345 030 5656
Freeths strengthens insurance offering with new Partner hireNews 12th Sep 2022
Avoiding and Minimising Litigation RiskArticles 5th Aug 2016
Construction Contract InsurancesArticles 28th Oct 2015
"A pragmatic and commercially aware lawyer who is also prepared to take a robust position."
(Chambers & Partners)
"Your team have all put a very substantial amount of effort into this case. The imagination and expertise have been quite magnificent."
"Right on top of their cases and as proactive lawyers as you will find - thorough but pragmatic."
(Markel UK Limited)
"We are extremely grateful for your thoroughness, guidance, and advice, and believe that these skills are instrumental to your success."
(AmTrust Europe Limited)
"Sensitive and professional advice consistently given on litigation arising from professional negligence within the financial services sector."
(Giles Insurance Brokers)
"Your professional and consistent approach secures significant costs savings to our clients."
(Crawford & Company Adjusters UK Ltd)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014