Expert personal legal advice
Private Client Services Division
Our lawyers will help you navigate through any legal issues you are experiencing in your personal life.
Whether it be preserving your wealth for generations to come, a relationship breakdown, moving house, or making a medical negligence or personal injury claim. Our friendly, supportive lawyers will provide you with legal advice you can trust every step of the way.
Why are Freeths the right law firm for you?
- We are ranked as one of the Top UK Law Firms for Private Client Law Services including Wills, Trusts, Tax, Probate, Court of Protection, Family Law, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury.
- We have a national reputation for providing results and winning cases for Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury and Family Law.
- We are a national law firm with a local approach. Based in key cities around the UK means that wherever and whenever you need legal advice, we will provide it.
- We are flexible. Free initial legal consultations and home visits are available to all our clients.
- Our lawyers are rated highly by the UK’s leading legal directories as specialists in their field.
- We are honest and upfront about our prices and will work with you to find a fixed payment plan that suits you.
What to do next
Call your local Freeths office or fill in the contact form on the right hand side of this page. Our approachable and professional staff will keep all information confidential, and will help you understand the legal process involved with your claim.
Alternatively complete the form below:
Our Individuals Legal Team
- Claims arising from Mycobacterium chimera contamination of Sorin/Stockhert heater cooler units used in cardiac surgery where we are lead solicitors.
- Advising a client in the entertainment industry on the defence of a defamation and breach of privacy action in relation to publications made on Facebook.
- A lump sum of £1.2 million and annual payments for care for life, for a boy who was brain damaged and developed severe cerebral palsy as a result of delay in delivering him after he became distressed during his mother’s labour.
- Represented clients in claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 in estates, ranging from a modest value up to estates exceeding £25 million.
- A private mediation involving a high profile professional footballer where the couple wanted to reach an amicable settlement and keep everything out of the media and the public eye.
- Acting for individuals in a claim against their former solicitors arising from inadequate legal advice resulting in substantial loss.
- Represented family at inquest into death of patient CS sprayed and restrained by police in hospital and settled the civil claim.
- Acting for the parents of an infant who sustained severe injuries due to delayed treatment of meningitis. The claim settled for £6 million.
- Freeths represented a client in a claim arising from the delay in diagnosis and treatment of cauda equina syndrome at Northampton General Hospital. A settlement of £850,000.
- Advising a family in relation to challenges to Wills on grounds of lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence and want of knowledge and approval.
- Represented the family of a wife and mother who died as a result of incorrect treatment of cancer. Compensation of £400,000 was obtained.
- Obtaining an ex-parte interim injunction in the High Court for a client against a television personality for breach of privacy on social media (Facebook and Twitter) and in an online autobiography sold on the Amazon website.
- Represented three families of patients who became infected with prosthetic valve endocarditis during heart surgery at the Trent Cardiac centre at Nottingham City Hospital and settled the civil claim.
- Acted for a claimant who underwent an appendectomy operation leading to a perforation of his sigmoid colon with catastrophic consequences. The claim was settled for a sum in excess of £1 million.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014