Oxford Brain Injury Solicitors
Experienced specialists helping you claim compensation
Our specialist brain injury solicitors have extensive experience dealing with a whole range infant, child and adult brain injury cases. These include brain injuries caused by:
- Trauma or accidents
- Lack of oxygen to the brain
- Infections including meningitis and encephalitis
- Surgical or anaesthetic errors
- Medication errors or anaphylaxis
- Birth injuries during pregnancy, labour or delivery, such as Cerebral Palsy
We are here to support you and your loved ones whether the brain injury suffered is one of the upmost severity requiring round the clock care, or more subtle but nonetheless life changing.
We are committed to providing the highest quality legal and practical advice, to provide you with peace of mind and to help secure the best possible future.
Contact our specialist brain injury claims team on email@example.com or call 01865 781100.
Our Brain Injury Claims Team
Members of our team are:
- On the Law Society’s personal injury and clinical negligence specialist panels
- Recognised as specialists by the AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents) panel of clinical negligence specialists
- Accredited members of APIL (the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers)
- On the Headway (brain injury trust) recommended list of personal injury solicitors
Freeths are also members of the Brain Injury Group – a specialist network of brain injury solicitors and support services for brain injury survivors and their families
All of which is testimony to their experience and reputation in this field.
Freeths are also proud to support a number of organisations and charities who working to prevent and reduce the incidence of brain injury. These include UK Brain Injury Forum, Meningitis Research Foundation, Brake and the Child Brain Injury Trust (CBIT).
Supporting You and Your Family
We understand the devastation that a brain injury can cause and the concerns that parents or family members will have for the future of their loved one.
If that brain injury may have been caused by someone else’s negligence, then our highly experienced lawyers can provide you and your family with specialist advice. We can help you to bring a claim for compensation and we will support you to make the legal process as manageable as possible.
We appreciate the difficulties faced by you and your family may not be immediately apparent to those around you, and we are sensitive to the challenges this can pose. We will work closely in collaboration with you to ensure that the full extent of the injuries are explored and communicated so that your needs and those of your family can be met.
Our team has secured compensation to help children and adults with brain injuries and their families to build a brighter future, including funding for:
- Access to specialist rehabilitation at the earliest possible stage when it is likely to have the most benefit
- Therapies and treatments to help maximise rehabilitation and quality of life
- Specialist aids and equipment including assistive technology
- Suitably adapted accommodation
- Specialist care and case management to meet your current and life-long needs
- A coordinated multidisciplinary approach to your educational or employment, social, psychological and physical needs
Where assistance with the management of compensation payments is needed, to safeguard the funds for the longer term, then our experts in Court of Protection can help.
Examples of Recent Successful Brain Injury Claims in Oxford
- Multiple catastrophic brain injury cases as a result of road traffic and other accidents settled for sums between £3 million and £12 million.
- Securing a settlement worth in excess of £23 million (including annual payments) to provide for life-long care, professional deputyship, accommodation, therapies, and support to a young child who suffered global development delay and behavioural difficulties as a result of brain damage dye to oxygen deprivation at birth.
- £5 million achieved, comprising of a lump sum together with yearly payments for life, for an 8 year old boy who suffered severe brain damage at birth due to negligent medical care at Luton and Dunstable Hospital. He has cerebral palsy and requires 24 hour care. The monies will go towards his future care and an adapted home.
- Representing an infant who sustained severe injuries due to delayed treatment of meningitis. The claim settled for £6 million.
- Acting for a young man who sustained brain damage due to delay in removing a blood clot on the brain. Freeths secured a settlement of £3 million.
- A newborn whose disabilities were increased as a result of inadequate nursing care. A settlement of £1 million achieved and lifelong payments for nursing care were achieved.
- A young woman who suffered brain damage following failures in the care that she received shortly after her birth. Settlement included a lump sum of £4 million and annual payments of £110,000 for life.
- A man who suffered severe brain injury following treatment for a throat infection. We achieved compensation of £1.2 million.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014