"Andy Francey always provides balanced advice and different angles where needed, and is available but has a great team, who we’ve learned through experience, we can rely on. Andy empowers and supports his team such that they can give robust and pacey support to clients."
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Andrew is a corporate lawyer advising on the full spectrum of corporate transactions and matters ranging from mergers and acquisitions, disposals, MBO’s, investments and private equity through to start ups, joint ventures and corporate governance.
Andrew also advises on banking transactions, advising both borrowers and lenders on facilities and security matters. Andrew has a wealth of experience in advising on substantial bank re-financings, particularly in the leisure sector.
Andy is ranked as a Leading Individual by Chambers & Partners (2024 edition) and listed as a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 (2024 edition).
- Advising Peratech Holdco on a £9.2 million investment for growth capital.
- Advising Taurus Asset Finance with respect to Capra AGP LP’s investment in a portfolio of petrol stations.
- Advising YFM on the banking aspects in relation to the MBO of Checkmate Fire.
- Advising the management team of Zyro Fisher on the banking aspects in relation to the secondary investment by Palatine.
- Advising a property developer with respect to series of substantial secured loan facilities to fund a major development in the north west.
- Advising a German owned UK group of companies on a substantial reorganisation.
- Advising Arie Tech on a series of EIS investments.
- Freeths advises High Speed Training on transition to an Employee Ownership Trust
- Freeths advises on investment in energy tech specialist Wattstor
- Freeths advises on significant investment from Palatine Private Equity into Cura Terrae Group
- Freeths supports Definition Group on further transactions
- Freeths Advise QPR Newco LLC on the Purchase of Stake in Championship Football Club Queens Park Rangers
- Freeths advises HCRG on the sale of its homecare provider businesses CRG Homecare and Allied Healthcare
- Freeths advises Twenty20 Capital on the transfer of ownership of PMP Recruitment to Challenge-trg Group
- Freeths advises leading private investment firm Twenty20 Capital on disposal of Cordant Services
- Freeths advise Growth Partner on investment into Cubico Group
- Hague Group acquires £6M turnover print management company
- Freeths supports Linley & Simpson on Private Equity Investment
To contact Andy or for more information…
“Andy Francey is our main contact. His commitment and dedication is second to none.”(The Legal 500, 2024)
“Andrew is very experienced and able to offer insight and options based on this experience.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“Andy Francey provides exceptional service.”(The Legal 500, 2023)
“He provides clients with a very good service.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
“Andy Francey is an exceptional corporate lawyer combining accessibility, responsiveness and a friendly approach with his strong knowledge of complex commercial law.”(The Legal 500, 2021)
“The corporate law team lead by Andy Francey have performed excellent work for us, and I consider him a trusted adviser. He and team far exceed other UK firms I’ve worked with in terms of quality of advice, quality of work, attention to detail, and speed of response. In addition, this team make transactions go more smoothly by the way all members treat all interested parties – with a professionalism that positively impacts the process and closes transactions.”(The Legal 500, 2021)
“Andy Francey is a rare combination of competence and speed along with an ability to really understand and adapt to my company, board and investor’s working styles. He knows when and how to leverage the larger capabilities within Freeths, but does not abdicate the lead legal adviser. I feel very comfortable tackling complex work with high levels of uncertainty with Andy. He is dependable at addressing and eliminating risk, then ensuring all material parties are satisfied. Yes, Andy is an expert, but it is his character and his definition of excellence that makes me recommend him without reservation.”(The Legal 500, 2021)
“Andy Francey from the commercial law division stands out with his logical approach to resolving complex legal matters, coupled with his personable approach and ability to deliver outstanding service on a tight time line, within the budget originally estimated.”(The Legal 500, 2020)
“…clients praise Francey for his ‘clear expertise, incredible knowledge and commercial understanding.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
“Extremely helpful, responsive and deals with people proactively.”(Chambers & Partners, 2018)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014