Emily uses her breadth of experience from corporate and private equity practice to support founders, general counsel, managers and private equity teams to deliver their strategic growth and business agendas.
Emily has delivered deals across all types of private M&A transactions (sell-side, buy-side, auction, bilateral, share and business deals) and has a wealth of experience across capital structures, shareholder arrangements and strategic investments, joint ventures, restructurings and equity raises.
- Through our Private Equity Portfolio Team, Emily supports sponsors and their portfolios in their capital structures, M&A activity and coordinates advisory support across their operational needs.
- For our large corporate clients, Emily takes time to understand ways of working with general counsel teams and their stakeholders to deliver strategic M&A mandates and long term advisory roles.
- For our management and founder clients, Emily builds close relationships to understand our clients’ businesses and growth agenda to deliver pragmatic, commercial advice throughout a relationship from investment to exit.
Emily works across sectors, including energy, manufacturing and retail – technology spans all of our clients’ growth.
Emily is recognised by Legal 500 as a Next Generation Lawyer for Corporate.
- Advising a FTSE 100 on the £100m+ acquisition of a supplier in distributed energy solutions
- Advising an international chemicals company (private equity portfolio) on the £25m+ share acquisition of a UK contract chemicals manufacturer
- Advising an international plastics manufacturer (a private equity portfolio company) on multiple management incentive rounds, equity raises, leaver rounds, asset and share acquisitions (bilateral and auction)
- Advising a FTSE 100 on convertible debt investments into growth companies in the tech sector
- Advising a UK insurance group (a private equity portfolio company) on multiple transactions and cross-business projects including a strategic stake in a new venture and a share acquisition of a new tech platform
- Advising a Brussels sponsor on £50m+ acquisition of UK care home group
- Advising a founder and creative director of a fashion brand on the potential sale of a 25% stake to Asia investors
- Advising a founder on the sale of a biomass supplier to an AIM-listed acquiror
To contact Emily or for more information…
I must single out Emily Settle, who was exceptional throughout. She inspired total confidence from day one and consistently delivered to a remarkably high standard all the way through what was a difficult and complex transaction. Her grip of the issues was unwavering and her stamina to keep performing despite whatever was thrown at her was genuinely impressive.(Legal Counsel, FTSE 100 )
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014