"Dealt with numerous projects for Langridge, always in a thorough and professional way. He gives good advice and is extremely helpful in dealing with unusual or difficult issues."
(John Fletcher, Managing Director, Langridge Homes Limited)
Guy joined Freeths as a trainee in 2001, qualifying in 2003 and becoming a partner in the Real Estate group in 2011. Guy now heads the Real Estate team in the Nottingham office.
Guy specialises in commercial development and investment transactions ranging from stand alone buildings to city centre regeneration projects. He aims to make sure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Guy is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
Guy leads a team advising a number of the franchisees of Anytime Fitness (one of the leading fitness club providers in the world) in the acquisition of their premises for new gym sites. Anytime Fitness now have over 100 clubs open in the UK with Freeths having been involved in over half of those club openings.
- Guy played a major role in the redevelopment of Newark Town Centre which was a development comprising a new Asda supermarket, retail units, pharmacy, medical centre, PCT healthcare centre / offices and a new bus station. In particular he dealt with the various land acquisitions, the development documentation and set up much of the complex legal documentation for the pre-letting of the development and has subsequently acted on a number of the key lettings and forward sale of part of the completed development.
- Advised Chancerygate on numerous acquisitions, disposals, pre-lets, funding and forward funding arrangements for a range of industrial development sites across the country
- Advised UKSE Investments/Seven Capital on the purchase of two office estates valued at £50 million. This was a large south east acquisition of high profile office estates that includes Virgin Media’s headquarters.
- Guy has been one of the primary points of contact and team members acting for the West Register Group in the acquisition and realisation of numerous distressed property assets. Guy has acted on most of the major and more complex sites including a significant regeneration project in Holbeck, Leeds together with a major industrial park just off Junction 38 of the M1. Guy has also acted for LPA Receivers on the disposal of a number of assets.
- Acquisition of various sites for future renewable energy generation plants.
- Leading the Freeths team advising a number of the franchisees of Anytime Fitness on the Real Estate aspects of new gym sites across the UK. This involves working with the franchisees from start to finish and guiding them through the acquisition process. For many of them, this is their first experience of acquiring commercial premises.
“Guy is one of the two lawyers that carries out the majority of real estate acquisitions and sales for Chancerygate or lead the teams that do. He is hard working and has a strong understanding of our business to the point he is not seen as a consultant to us but in practice an extension of our business. He provides a best in class service with the ability to respond to matters very quickly, accurately and efficiently and has a skill of thinking laterally and ‘outside the box’ often keeping deals alive and finding solutions to problems that would otherwise make a deal not happen.”(Eddie Cook, Managing Director, Chancerygate)
“Dealt with numerous projects for Langridge, always in a thorough and professional way. He gives good advice and is extremely helpful in dealing with unusual or difficult issues.”(John Fletcher, Managing Director, Langridge Homes Limited)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014