"A tenacious litigator."
Imogen has over 10 years’ experience in high value and complex dispute resolution. She manages clients’ disputes at an early stage and advises on various methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution, as a cost effective means of resolving commercial and professional negligence disputes.
Imogen has extensive expertise in acting for clients in the High Court, including the specialist Mercantile Court and the Technology and Construction Court. She has also advised on a number of complex funding and insurance options in hedging litigation risk.
- Judicial Review – Acting for a two care providers in bringing Judicial Review actions against a government body, both of which were granted permission to proceed, and successfully negotiating a settlement thereafter.
- Third Party Funding and Insurance – Advised several clients on innovative funding options and implemented funding solutions on a number of high value cases.
- Currently advising several hundred Sub-postmasters in a High Court Group Action against Post Office Ltd in relation to the Horizon accounting software.
- Advising in relation to financial mis-selling claims against a UK lender by over 300 borrowers.
- Financial Litigation – Advising a number of clients, including a national insolvency practitioner, in relation to mis-sold financial derivative products, including interest rate hedging products and claims over £6 million.
- Advising clients in relation to minority shareholder claims, breach of a joint venture agreement and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Advising a client in relation to a breach of trust claim involving the transfer of shares and properties via undue influence, which concluded in the matter being won at trial.
Claims against Professionals
- Professional Negligence – advising on numerous matters involving various professional bodies, with combined sums in dispute of over £10 million. Successfully combining mediation strategies with court proceedings to force favourable settlements.
International Litigation, Mediation & ADR
- International Arbitration – Acting for a construction company in its £2 million contractual dispute with an employer over design and delay, through an ICC Arbitration.
- Commercial Litigation Association Network
“Imogen is ‘very sharp, pragmatic and commercial’.”
“We wish to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation for the competency and guile Imogen brought to the case generally, and Imogen’s unflinching attention to and grasp of the issues as they arose throughout the day of the mediation, which really impressed me.”
“Imogen dealt with our claim in a ‘prompt, professional and personable manner’.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014