Jessica Matthews is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer who has worked with public and private company clients, including in regulated sectors. She helps clients to manage risk and advises on a range of commercial, transactional and corporate governance matters. Jessica previously trained as a lawyer, and practiced, at Herbert Smith Freehills.
She has experience leading on advisory and transactional work, including drafting commercial contracts, considering discrete commercial queries, and working as part of a team on high profile acquisitions and investments – including coordinating complex due diligence exercises.
- Commercial contracts to govern media and advertising services, including internet search optimisation services and social media. Other commercial contracts including sales agency agreements and service agreements, some with international aspects. Drafting a software licence agreement for a company for whom incorporation of software into their products is a key part of their business.
- Advising a number of newly listed companies on key areas of risk, including in relationships with customers and key suppliers, regulatory requirements and announcements to shareholders.
- Acting for a listed fund in its acquisition of an asset management business which represented the establishment of a new business line, including presenting to the business on integration aspects following an extensive due diligence exercise.
- Freeths advises Twenty20 Capital on the acquisition of seven best-known UK staffing and workforce solutions brands, bringing them together under the new brand RSS Global
- Freeths advises Maven Capital Partners UK LLP on £3 million investment in Bud Systems Limited
- Freeths advises We Are TALA on seed funding to expand sustainable activewear brand TALA
- Freeths Sector Showcase
- Sustainability Virtual Safari
- Freeths corporate insurance team advises on the sale of the trade and assets of Rural Insurance Group Limited to the Ardonagh Group
- In-House Lawyers Forum – 18th June 2019
- Retail Bulletin – Winter 2017/18
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014