“Extremely able and competent.”
(The Legal 500, 2016)
Jill worked in the City of London for many years before relocating to the North West, and continues to work for clients all over the country. She has a great deal of experience across a wide range of property matters, including landlord and tenant issues, both non-opposed and opposed lease renewals, break options, nuisance claims, rent reviews, service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, forfeiture and termination of tenancies, vacant possession strategies, disputes relating to easements such as rights of way, boundary disputes, nuisance, and trespass claims.
Jill uses her experience in litigation to give smart property management advice, assisting clients in identifying and resolving potential disputes before they become an issue. She also provides regular support for other groups in the firm with real estate issues, including the Corporate, Insolvency and Finance teams. She has expertise in acting for both landlords and tenants as well as parties such as insurers or neighbour disputes. In particular she has acted for some very different clients, ranging from large institutional corporates and trusts to ultra high net worth individuals and charities.
Her experience encompasses the full range of commercial and residential Real Estate Disputes work. This includes all types of landlord and tenant issues, rent reviews, breaches of covenants, opposed and non-opposed lease renewals and 1954 Act strategies, dilapidations claims, forfeiture and termination of tenancies, insolvency, possession actions, claims under development agreements, vacant possession strategies, overage and other land contracts, disputes relating to easements such as rights of way, boundary disputes, nuisance and trespass claims.
She also provides regular support for other groups in the firm with real estate issues, including the Corporate, Insolvency and Finance teams, and the unique occupational requirements of the Life Sciences clients.
Jill has expertise in acting for both landlords and tenants as well as parties such as insurers or neighbour disputes. In particular she has acted for some very different clients, ranging from large institutional corporates and trusts to ultra high net worth individuals and charities.
- Advising the owners of several large town centre shopping malls on the recovery of vacant possession from multiple tenants to facilitate redevelopment
- Advising the interim landlord of a multi-let warehouse on a substantial dilapidations claim and recovering sums from subtenants
- Acting for a large developer in relation to easements and rights over third party adjoining land
- Seeking possession where tenants were in substantial arrears
- Dealing with numerous breaches of alienation and alterations covenants
- Acting for a large pension fund on a number of complex inter-related 1954 Act lease renewals on a retail park where each one could have affected the rent for the others
- Acting for the landlord of one of London’s landmark buildings on a vacant possession strategy for the iconic top floors as well as numerous other issues with other floors let to office occupiers
- Advising the owner of a large site on encroachment by adjoining owners and claims for adverse possession
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) requirements and Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) rules
- Real Estate Blog: No concessions available for cinema
- Commercial rent arrears during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Tenants’ Lifeline Extended to March 2022
- FAQs for Landlords and Tenants of Commercial Properties
- Moratorium on Forfeiture of Business Tenancies and Measures to Protect Tenants against Rent Collection
- Residential Properties – The easing of restrictions on evictions and additional protections previously afforded to renters
- Urban Futures | Freeths roundtable on growing cities
- New Director for Freeths in Manchester
To contact Jill or for more information…
- Property Litigation Association
“Extremely able and competent.”(The Legal 500, 2016)
“Extremely bright and resourceful.”(The Legal 500, 2015)
“Pro-active and very knowledgeable” and “develops a particular rapport with clients.”(The Legal 500, 2014)
“Very on the ball.”(The Legal 500, 2013)
“Client focussed and down to earth.”(The Legal 500, 2012)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014