"Having Judy deal with my case was a blessing as she is a highly competent, professional and responsive solicitor. Her ability to efficiently deal with the issues at hand, dealing with difficult cases, whilst remaining compassionate and understanding, keeping focused on the end goal and having extensive knowledge of family law is a real asset!"
Judy helps clients to solve their family law disputes, guiding her clients with sympathy and patience. Judy advises clients on all issues arising out of a relationship breakdown to include divorce, civil partnership proceedings and issues relating to cohabiting couples and children. Judy also regularly advises on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements.
Clients value Judy’s straightforward and pragmatic approach in guiding them through a difficult period in their lives. She is skilled in focusing on the key issues in a case and works hard to help her clients achieve the best solution for them.
Judy works with clients from all backgrounds, including high net worth clients with a public profile. Her range of practice covers cases with an international aspect, those with complex financial structures and trusts. Judy is experienced in dealing sensitively with cases with cultural or religious aspects. Judy has negotiated settlements involving an Islamic dowry (Mahr). Judy has a particular interest in Jewish divorce and advises clients on the Get process and the interplay between the religious and civil divorce proceedings.
As a member of Resolution, a national organisation of professionals committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes, Judy advocates resolving family issues as amicably and cost-effectively as possible, particularly where children are involved. If the case suits, she advises on out-of-court options such as mediation and solicitor negotiation. However, it is not always possible to resolve family issues without involving the court. Where there are contested court proceedings, Judy is highly experienced in advising and supporting clients through the legal process.
Judy obtained a 2:1 in Law from King’s College London and was awarded the Dechert Prize for Property Law. She then completed the Legal Practice Course at The University of Law, Bloomsbury where she obtained a distinction. Judy has specialised in family law since qualifying as a solicitor.
- Guiding a client through one of the first joint divorce applications between April 2022 – January 2023 under the new no fault divorce law.
- Advising a client on a jurisdiction dispute and the financial claims following a foreign divorce (Part III Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984).
- Successfully achieving an end to a ‘joint lives’ maintenance order for a paying spouse.
- Bringing a divorce to a conclusion for a husband who had had no contact with his wife for 17 years.
- Assisting a client to reach a financial settlement in a case involving the other party’s hidden assets.
- Acting for a bank executive achieving a settlement limiting the other party’s claim over future bonus awards.
- Advising a client in a case involving complex trust assets.
- Wife awarded compensation in divorce for relationship-generated disadvantage created by giving up successful career for husband and family
- Let’s make it legal: Key things to know about destination weddings
- For better or worse? The proposal to change UK’s wedding law – explained
- Freeths expands London Family Team
- To Divorce, or not to Divorce… Changes to Divorce Law from 6 April 2022
- No Fault Divorce – Change is Coming
To contact Judy or for more information…
Member of Resolution
“I feel so very lucky you were recommended. You worked so hard for me and the persistence worked. I am starting to feel like I can have a future after all.”(Mrs E)
“Thank you for all you did to bring the divorce to a conclusion. I wish I had met you sooner! I will highly recommend you if anyone I know needs a divorce!”(Mr J)
“Thanks for your advice. It wasn’t necessarily what I wanted to hear, but you told me what I needed to hear to move things forward.”(Ms T)
“You made a difficult and sensitive process feel quite bearable. I hope you know how grateful I am to you for your assistance.”(Mr P)
As the file is now about to be closed can I just take a moment to thank you for everything you have done for me. You have been not only professional and efficient but your kindness and patience has meant a lot to me at a time when things are so up in the air. I cannot recommend you and your team highly enough. Once again, thank you for everything Judy.(Ms H)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014