Katy joined Freeths in April 2016 and, following the completion of her training contract, qualified as a solicitor in the firm’s specialist Clinical Negligence team.
Katy has gained experience dealing with claims against NHS Trusts and private medical professionals in a wide variety of different cases, including birth injury claims to both mother and baby, delayed diagnosis claims, spinal claims, and fatal claims. Katy has also attended a number of Coroners’ Inquests in support of the bereaving families dealing with fatal claims.
Katy is also developing an interest in orthopaedic claims and acts for clients in Nottingham and Leicester. With Nottingham University Hospital’s maternity services becoming a growing concern, Katy is working closely with other team members to ensure that women and families receive the support they require during this time. She has developed skills in birth injury, still birth and neonatal death cases and is assisting the team with ongoing enquiries in relation to the same. Katy is also developing an interest in orthopaedic, cancer and sepsis claims and acts for clients in Nottingham, Leicester and across the East Midlands.
Accident & Emergency Claims
Cerebral Palsy Claims Solicitors
Katy has an excellent record of successfully representing clients and bringing claims for cerebral palsy
Nottingham Maternity Negligence
Delay in Cancer Diagnosis
Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
Katy can support you if you have been affected by Electroconvulsive Therapy.
Fatal Claims & Inquests
Katy has dealt with fatal accident claims including surgical errors, delay in diagnosis of cancer, failure to diagnose and treat heart disease, delay in diagnosis of pulmonary embolism, failures in care provided to elderly patients and stillbirth, call or email our Clinical Negligence team or Katy directly now to see how we can help you.
Maternity Services Claims
Katy has helped a wide variety of people claim compensation for pain, suffering and loss of quality of life brought on by negligence.
Katy has considerable experience in handling clinical negligence claims involving misdiagnosis and delays in diagnosis or treatment of sepsis.
Neonatal Death and Infant Mortality Claims
Katy has considerable experience in dealing with stillbirth compensation claims and neonatal death claims arising from maternity negligence.
- Families call for an inquiry into all maternity services across England following continued evidence of poor maternity care nationwide
- Nottingham maternity services have improved but still “Require Improvement” as per CQC Ratings
- Are minority communities neglected by maternity services?
- Closure of Fortitude Law leaves vaginal mesh clients looking for representation
- Nottingham Maternity Review now gathering pace as Rishi Sunak addresses parliament
- Appeal to Come Forward – Nottingham Maternity Review
- North East Ambulance Service’s Emergency and Urgent Care rated Inadequate following CQC Inspection
- Ockenden Maternity Review – Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals Maternity Review – Publication of the terms of reference
- Nottingham Hospitals Trust at the centre of further Maternity Scandal
- Donna Ockenden Appointed as Chair of Review into Nottingham Maternity Services
- Former Health Secretary was shocked by NHS failings during his time in office
- Proposed Chair of Review into Nottingham Maternity Services Declines the Role Following Uproar from Families
- Health Secretary agrees to meet bereaved families in Nottingham to discuss maternity review
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014