"Thank you for the endless effort you have put into this case and the personal touch you have brought to us at such a difficult time."
Lynne is a lawyer who has specialised in clinical negligence for over 14 years. She deals with all types of medical cases but particularly specialises in cardiology, neurology, orthopaedics and general surgery. Lynne has a special interest in fatal claims involving both children and adults. She is accredited by the Law Society as a clinical negligence specialist.
Lynne often represents the interests of bereaved families at inquests, particularly where the deceased died in hospital or following medical treatment/surgery. She covers a variety of Coroner’s Courts around the country. Lynne has often assisted the families to recover compensation following the inquest.
Lynne is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
Fatal Claims & Inquests
Lynne often represents the interests of bereaved families at Inquests particularly where the deceased died in hospital or following medical treatment/surgery. She covers a variety of Coroner’s Courts around the country. Lynne has been praised for her sympathetic approach and for providing support to families at such a difficult time.
- Represented the family at the inquest of a young man who suffered a fatal DVT, which resulted in Regulation 28 reports being made to two hospitals to prevent future deaths.
- Represented the family at the inquest of a man who failed to survive coronary artery bypass grafting.
- Represented the widow of a man who suffered a fatal stroke following withdrawal of anticoagulants. This resulted in a Regulation 28 report being made to the hospital involved to prevent future deaths.
- Lynne’s claimant underwent an appendicectomy operation, leading to a perforation of his sigmoid colon with catastrophic consequences. The claim was settled for a sum in excess of £1 million.
- The claimant sustained damage to his thoracic spinal cord following a negligently administered thoracic epidural. The claim settled for £350,000.
- Represented the wife and three children of a man who died from an untreated subarachnoid haemorrhage. The claim settled for over £200,000.
- The claimant sustained permanent eye damage resulting in virtual blindness caused by a failure to diagnose a superior sagittal sinus thrombosis. The claim settled for £175,000.
- The claimant had a pacemaker inserted without the appropriate consent being obtained. The claim successfully relied on the case of Montgomery and settled for a sum in excess of £140,000.
- Settled a claim for a sum of £170,000 on behalf of the estate of a man who suffered from tinnitus and hyperacusis which resulted in him committing suicide following a failure by his GP to refer him for psychiatric treatment.
To contact Lynne or for more information…
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Action against Medical Accidents
- Society of Clinical Injury Lawyers
“Words just can’t express how grateful I am to you Lynne and all the work you have done for me… thank you again so, so much for your help, support, encouragement, everything – without you I couldn’t have done any of it…”
“Thank you for the endless effort you have put into this case and the personal touch you have brought to us at such a difficult time.”
“…You have always shown compassion and never forgotten me as a person. The dedication you have is overwhelming. You just never give up and I couldn’t have got through it all without your care and support.”
“…understands cases from a personal perspective.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014