“Mark is a technically gifted lawyer, providing an excellent quality of work.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
Mark is a highly experienced solicitor, specialising in IT contract drafting and negotiating, as well as supporting litigators with respect of the IT aspects of claims brought in the IT field.
His experience covers advising on a wide range of IT arrangements, from large scale IT projects (such as hardware/maintenance supply and outsourcings) to complex and often unique IT arrangements (including unusual SaaS delivery methods).
Mark has worked with a number of SaaS subscribers looking to protect themselves from insolvency issues relating to SaaS providers. He has worked with suppliers, clients and infrastructure providers to achieve pragmatic and viable solutions which are not common in the market.
Mark has extensive in-house experience (working within major organisations purchasing IT solutions and hardware), allowing for a very commercial/practical approach in advising his clients.
Mark is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2022 edition) and as a Leading individual in Chambers (2024 edition).
IT & Data
- Advised a FTSE100 on its negotiation and conclusion of an agreement for the provision of a comprehensive new SaaS based ERP solution to cover dozens of brands, thousands of locations and a hugely complicated logistics set up.
- Advised a well-known national brand on its arrangements for the outsourcing of its payroll for many tens of thousands of employees.
- Advised the world’s leading payment systems provider, NCR, on its extensive supply of new ATMs and other IT systems/services to a major high street bank.
- Advised a New York Stock Exchange listed entity in respect of its £30 million supply of IT hardware and maintenance services to a well-known high street brand.
- Advised a major IT supplier in respect of its provision of maintenance services covering all desktop and server estates for a major retailer.
- Advised a higher education establishment in respect of a comprehensive new suite of documentation designed to cover all the establishment’s needs in terms of IT procurement, from IT hardware purchase/leasing to the receipt of cloud based services.
- Advised a major outsourced services provider in respect of its multi million pound SAP development and maintenance arrangements.
- Advised the Jaguar Land Rover Retail Board on its arrangements and suite of documents with Jaguar Land Rover in respect of the new car online sales platform (NCOS).
- Supported Inchcape’s in-house legal team on a variety of IT and data related arrangements.
- Advised vehicle telematics solution providers, such as Global Telematics, CanTrack and Nebula Systems, on their customer documentation as well as supply chain arrangements.
- Advised customer of telematics solutions, such as Travis Perkins, Tarmac and connected motor insurance providers Ingenie and Ticker, on documentation relating to the installation, tracking and maintenance of black boxes and smart devices in vehicles, as well as associated data implications.
- Advised Stobart in respect of vehicle location/routing systems implementation.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014