Mohammad has extensive experience in advising on governance, public procurement including large scale projects and general commercial matters. He provides advice across all aspects of public procurement, from structuring a process, options appraisals, implementation and conduct of procurement processes and routinely advises on the following types of matters:
- Reviewing and advising on new methods of service delivery, including alternative business structures and corporate governance.
- Drafting and reviewing all forms of commercial contracts and public sector type agreements (inter-authority and joint working agreements).
- Reviewing and advising on procurement strategy including development of service specifications.
- Managing the risk of challenge to procurement decisions, and dealing with any challenges.
- Advising on contractual remedies, including identifying mechanisms for dealing with poor performance and disputes.
- Advising public authorities on when to undertake consultations, and equality impact assessments as well as advising public authorities on how to discharge certain statutory duties.
Mohammad is highly experienced in advising on company structures as well as corporate and contractual joint ventures, helping determine the best way to structure a new venture between independent parties. Furthermore, he has the depth of knowledge and commercial understanding to assist in setting up the optimal corporate vehicle or partnership, negotiate and agree the terms of any proposed joint venture, draft an effective shareholder or joint venture agreement and draft bespoke articles of association.
Mohammad can confidently assist clients in complying with subsidy control requirements and public procurement law.
Provided legal support and assistance to the Plymouth and South Devon Freeport project. The Plymouth and South Devon Freeport is a dynamic public/private partnership with Plymouth City Council, South Hams District Council and Devon County Council working alongside Princess Yachts, Carlton Power, the Sherford Consortium, and a wider range of stakeholders.
Joint Venture Vehicles
Provided legal advice and support to a project which involved the creation of a joint venture that was initially created to provide back-office IT support and services to its owner organisations. This project led to the creation of Delt Shared Services Limited.
Provided legal support and advice in relation to the outsourcing of a local authority’s leisure management function and the build of a leisure facility valued at £45 million. The procurement was undertaken by utilising the competitive dialogue process; and other tasks included provision of procurement law advice and contract drafting.
Integrated Health and Wellbeing
Provided legal support to a largescale transformational project. Drafted a section 75 Agreement which was entered into between Plymouth City Council and NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CCG with the aim of ensuring joined-up approach to the way services are commissioned and delivered in order to reduce costs, improve the experience of patients and service users and improve the health of Plymouth residents.
Provided legal support to major transformational projects such as a strategic construction partnership and major urban regeneration development. Advised on procurement strategy, process and drafting of associated development agreements.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014