Mona Schroedel qualified in 2008 and has wide-ranging experience in acting for private clients and commercial clients. She has expertise in contentious probate and trust disputes, professional negligence claims, property claims, web fraud claims, and commercial matters.
Mona is always keen to explore alternative solutions for clients and has experience of mediation as well as arbitration. Mona deals with all types of will disputes and claims over lifetime gifts, often involving lack of testamentary capacity and/or undue influence. She has experience of trust disputes acting for trustees in multimillion pound estates.
Clients like the clear and structured advice Mona provides and private clients appreciate the sympathetic manner in which Mona assists them through often very difficult cases (both emotionally and legally). Clients can rely on receiving a detailed and easy to understand explanation of the law from Mona and having their options set out for comparison.
Her aim is to provide solutions and support during stressful periods so that clients can concentrate on getting on with their lives or demands at the company without constant worry over the dispute they are involved in. Mona has particular experience in dealing with difficult litigants in person and handles the additional pressure caused by them with ease.
Wherever possible Mona tries to avoid the stresses of trial for clients, but when a trial is the last resort, clients are in very good and experienced hands with Mona who has dealt with a number of big trials and is very adept at preparing for them in an efficient and timely manner taking the stress of the situation out for the clients.
Mona was listed as a Recommended lawyer by the Legal 500 (2017 Edition).
Claims against Professionals
Mona regularly advises Claimants and Defendants in relation to professional negligence claims. She has particular expertise in solicitor’s negligence claims and has dealt with numerous cases over the years.
- Defending professionals against speculative claims by mounting robust defences and/or embarking on a reasonable strategy regarding possible settlement. Most recently managed to achieve a settlement in a particularly long running and protracted case.
- Advancing claims against professionals and advising clients on acceptable levels of settlement and resolving those claims before significant costs have been incurred.
- Mona regularly mediates matters with a very high success rate, but is also adept at guiding clients through hearings and trials, where necessary.
Contentious Trusts & Probate
Mona has a wide range of experience in this area of law, having represented clients in disputes over the validity of wills, disputes over lifetime gifts, trust disputes and in Court of Protection proceedings. Mona is attune to the emotional element in these claims and helps clients navigate through the issues with an objective approach.
- Advising trustees and/or executors in will disputes, and ensuring their independence is protected and they cannot be criticised for steps taken.
- Questioning will validity by reviewing and assessing available evidence and advising clients on the merits of their claim.
- Evaluating the position where a client has been unexpectedly excluded from a will.
- Advancing a claim where a will writer or solicitor has caused a loss to an estate and/or a beneficiary.
Intellectual Property Disputes
Mona has a specific interest in web fraud and has successfully shut down several websites over the years, which were designed to defraud/mislead customers of clients.
Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates
Mona is also experienced in dealing with Trust of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act applications, determining a client’s interest in property and taking steps, if necessary, to realise that interest via orders for sale and possession proceedings.
Mona routinely advises on debt claims and contractual disputes, including straight forward demands for payment, release of goods disputes and issues regarding consumer rights.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014