Mona Schroedel is a specialist data protection lawyer within our team. She has a wealth of experience in acting for both commercial, public and private clients.
Mona deals with both contentious and non-contentious data protection issues. She provides comprehensive and considered advice in managing the challenges of UK GDPR compliance for commercial clients, clients operating within the public sector and private individuals.
Mona further specialises in assisting clients in relation to breaches of their personal data and reputational damage control. This includes providing technical advice on defamation and harassment issues and the legality of a range of policies, procedures and data collection and retention methods. She has recently advised healthcare service providers, multi-national companies and an independent press regulator, ensuring that their UK based operations are compliant with UK GDPR and general data protection legislation.
Mona also has extensive experience in a range of formal contentious proceedings, from acting for clients in court to mediation and arbitration. She possesses significant experience in the management and defence of data breach incidents.
Mona provides clear, structured and thoroughly researched advice. She delivers detailed and easily comprehensible explanations of the law without losing sight of economic solutions for her clients.
Mona has acted for clients in a number of notable trials, easing the stress of litigation for these clients and delivering excellent results.
Mona was listed as a Recommended lawyer by the Legal 500 (2017 Edition).
Claims against Professionals
Mona regularly advises Claimants and Defendants in relation to professional negligence claims. She has particular expertise in solicitor’s negligence claims and has dealt with numerous cases over the years.
- Defending professionals against speculative claims by mounting robust defences and/or embarking on a reasonable strategy regarding possible settlement. Most recently managed to achieve a settlement in a particularly long running and protracted case.
- Advancing claims against professionals and advising clients on acceptable levels of settlement and resolving those claims before significant costs have been incurred.
- Mona regularly mediates matters with a very high success rate, but is also adept at guiding clients through hearings and trials, where necessary.
Contentious Probate Solicitors
Mona has a wide range of experience in this area of law, having represented clients in disputes over the validity of wills, disputes over lifetime gifts, trust disputes and in Court of Protection proceedings. Mona is attune to the emotional element in these claims and helps clients navigate through the issues with an objective approach.
- Advising trustees and/or executors in will disputes, and ensuring their independence is protected and they cannot be criticised for steps taken.
- Questioning will validity by reviewing and assessing available evidence and advising clients on the merits of their claim.
- Evaluating the position where a client has been unexpectedly excluded from a will.
- Advancing a claim where a will writer or solicitor has caused a loss to an estate and/or a beneficiary.
Intellectual Property Disputes
Mona has a specific interest in web fraud and has successfully shut down several websites over the years, which were designed to defraud/mislead customers of clients.
Probate Application Solicitors
Mona is also experienced in dealing with Trust of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act applications, determining a client’s interest in property and taking steps, if necessary, to realise that interest via orders for sale and possession proceedings.
Mona routinely advises on debt claims and contractual disputes, including straight forward demands for payment, release of goods disputes and issues regarding consumer rights.
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Winter 2022/23
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Autumn 2022
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Summer 2022
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Spring 2022
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Winter 2021
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Autumn 2021
- Freeths Data Protection Update: Summer 2021
- Inheritance Act Claims, are standstill agreements a thing of the past?
- Escrow fraud: a new risk for the logistics sector
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014