"Tom Rowley of Freeths LLP is a 'very knowledgeable, sensible and personable legal adviser' who is 'commercially and practically minded'."
(Chambers & Partners)
Tom’s broad corporate practice covers Merger & Acquisition (M&A), private equity, and capital markets transactions. His experience includes domestic and cross-border company acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, restructurings, reductions of capital and public company takeovers, and securities offerings. His recent practice has had a particular emphasis on Alternative Investment Market (AIM) work.
He acts for clients across a variety of sectors, including industrial, real estate, technology and aviation. Tom is ranked as “Up and Coming” by Chambers 2015 and 2016 editions for Corporate/M&A work.
Tom is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2020 Edition).
- Advising an international oil & gas services group on two UK strategic corporate acquisitions.
- Advising ECSC Group Plc on its flotation on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange Plc.
- Advising Autins Group Plc on its £37.7 million flotation on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange Plc.
- Advising the shareholders of Cuts Ice Limited, a leading e-liquid manufacturer, on a circa £14 million investment by LDC.
- Advising Gama Aviation Plc on its acquisition of FlyerTech Limited and Aerstream Limited.
- Advising Stockdale Securities Limited on the £23m flotation of Warpaint London Plc.
- Advising Northbridge Industrial Services Plc on a placing and open offer on AIM.
- Advising Quixant Plc on its public takeover of Densitron Technologies Plc, by way of scheme of arrangement under the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers.
- Advising a high end residential developer on a joint venture in respect of a circa £25 million development project in Belgravia, London.
- Advising various clients of private jet broker Volare Aviation on sales and purchases of business jet aircraft, including several Bombardier Challenger jets.
- Advising leading business jet operator, Hangar8 Plc, on its £82.3 million reverse takeover transaction with the Gama Aviation group, to form Gama Aviation Plc, a £130 million plus market capitalisation aviation services company, listed on AIM.
- Advising Northbridge Industrial Services Plc on various international acquisitions (in Singapore, Abu Dhabi and New Zealand) and associated fundraisings by way of secondary placings on AIM.
- Advising the shareholders of Swanke Hayden Connell Europe Limited on its merger with Aukett Fitzroy Robinson Group Plc to form Aukett Swanke Plc, a leading commercial architects’ practice.
- Advising on the establishment and £10 million fundraising of a groundbreaking new private university college.
- Advising an international commodities company on its US $27 million sale of two tea plantations in Malawi.
- Advising a mining company on a US $5 million senior debt facility and private placement of equity with a Russian bank.
- Advising various private equity investors and growth-stage businesses on investment and exit transactions.
“I have worked with a fair few of the so called ‘magic circle’ firms in my career but have not until now come across a team of lawyers who are so knowledgeable in relation to your specialist area, hard working and efficient at getting the job done.”(Julia Mahmood, In-house Counsel, Gama Aviation Plc)
“I have been very pleased with the role performed by Freeths’ corporate team in two recent takeover transactions where I have been involved as either the chairman or a director. Both of which are AIM listed and had some complexity. A great strength is in coming up with good practical solutions while maintaining the highest quality of legal advice.”(Dr Michael Peagram, Chairman, Quixant Plc)
“I contacted Tom regarding a merger/due diligence matter following a recommendation from another professional. Tom showed from our first meeting that he fully understood the issues and was quick to put in place everything required for an effective start. The programme was very tight but I was impressed by the way Tom and his team were able to pick up the key issues without delay and the professional way they progressed the matter through to completion.”(David Hughes, Executive Deputy Chairman, Aukett Swanke Plc)
“The Freeths team under Tom’s steerage have consistently provided Northbridge with top quality service, intelligent cost efficiencies and an excellent outcome.”(Craig Robinson, Finance Director, Northbridge Industrial Services)
“An outstanding job from a truly first class team.”(Nigel Payne, Chairman, Hangar 8 Plc)
“Tom Rowley of Freeths LLP is a ‘very knowledgeable, sensible and personable legal adviser’ who is ‘commercially and practically minded’.”
“Tom Rowley of Freeths LLP is singled out for his ‘significant skill in negotiation and corporate strategy.’ He heads the corporate finance department and enjoys a broad practice with particular experience in AIM transactions.”
‘Tom Rowley encompass the values that make Freeths such a pleasure to work with.”(The Legal 500, 2020)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014