"Tom Rowley employs a methodical approach: effective and efficient. Very good at dealing with the other side."
(The Legal 500, 2022)
Tom’s broad corporate practice covers Merger & Acquisition (M&A), private equity, and capital markets transactions. His experience includes domestic and cross-border company acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, restructurings, reductions of capital and public company takeovers, and securities offerings. His recent practice has had a particular emphasis on Alternative Investment Market (AIM) work.
He acts for clients across a variety of sectors, including industrial, real estate, technology and aviation. Tom is ranked as “Up and Coming” by Chambers 2015 and 2016 editions for Corporate/M&A work.
Tom is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2022 edition).
- Advising Raycliff Capital, a New York-based private equity fund, on its c.$100m investment in Soho House group
- Advising Hexagon AB, the Nasdaq Stockholm listed technology group, on its acquisition of J5 International, a leading developer of operations management software for industrial site operations
- Advising a private equity-backed provider on a c. £20m acquisition of a multi-site operational care homes business
- Advising Vine Acquisitions Limited, a company backed by private equity providers Patron Capital and May Capital, on its acquisition of Laines Pub Company, a 54-site portfolio of managed pubs in a c. £45m secondary buy-out transaction from Risk Capital Partners and ICG Enterprise Trust
- Advising the shareholders of a specialist leisure-sector equipment business on its sale to an international private equity-backed buyer
- Advising Eddie Stobart Logistics Plc on its acquisition of The Pallet Network Limited and associated equity placing on AIM
- Advising EG Solutions Plc on its £26.3m takeover by Verint Systems Inc, by way of scheme of arrangement under the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers
- Advising City Nomad / Broker, Stockdale Securities Limited, on a £21m placing of shares in a colour cosmetics company, Warpaint London Plc, by way of accelerated book build
- Advising an international oil & gas services group on two UK strategic corporate acquisitions
- Advising ECSC Group Plc on its flotation on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange plc
- Advising Autins Group Plc on its £37.7m flotation on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange plc
- Advising the shareholders of Cuts Ice Limited, a leading e-liquid manufacturer, on a c.£14m investment by LDC
- Advising Gama Aviation Plc on its acquisition of FlyerTech Limited and Aerstream Limited
- Advising Stockdale Securities Limited, the City Nomad / Broker, on its £62.6m flotation on AIM of Warpaint London Plc, a colour cosmetics company
- Advising Northbridge Industrial Services Plc on various international M&A transactions and associated fundraisings
- Advising Quixant Plc on its public takeover of Densitron Technologies Plc, by way of scheme of arrangement under the UK City Code on Takeovers and Mergers
- Advising high end residential developer, Leconfield Property Group, on a joint venture in respect of a c.£25m development project in Belgravia, London
- Advising various clients of private jet broker Volare Aviation, on sales and purchases of business jet aircraft, including several Bombardier Challenger jets
- Advising leading business jet operator, Hangar8 Plc, on its £82.3m reverse takeover transaction with the Gama Aviation group, to form Gama Aviation Plc, a £130 million plus market capitalisation aviation services company, listed on AIM
- Advising an international commodities company on its US $27m sale of two tea plantations in Malawi
- Freeths marks milestone 10-year anniversary in London
- Freeths advises Livingstone Skies on the sale of Livingstone Aviation
- Freeths’ London Corporate team advises the shareholders of Vero Screening Limited on sale to Accurate Background
- Freeths advises Cambridge Power on 985MW battery storage and co-located solar pipeline
- Freeths’ London corporate team assist client Hexagon AB on its US $ 2.75 billion acquisition of Infor EAM
- Public Companies & AIM FAQs
To contact Tom or for more information…
“I have worked with a fair few of the so called ‘magic circle’ firms in my career but have not until now come across a team of lawyers who are so knowledgeable in relation to your specialist area, hard working and efficient at getting the job done.”(Julia Mahmood, In-house Counsel, Gama Aviation Plc)
“Freeths were a delight to work with – highly knowledgeable and incredibly responsive in a complex, multinational transaction.”(Michael Emont, General Councel, Raycliff Capital)
“I have been very pleased with the role performed by Freeths’ corporate team in two recent takeover transactions where I have been involved as either the chairman or a director. Both of which are AIM listed and had some complexity. A great strength is in coming up with good practical solutions while maintaining the highest quality of legal advice.”(Dr Michael Peagram, Chairman, Quixant Plc)
“I contacted Tom regarding a merger/due diligence matter following a recommendation from another professional. Tom showed from our first meeting that he fully understood the issues and was quick to put in place everything required for an effective start. The programme was very tight but I was impressed by the way Tom and his team were able to pick up the key issues without delay and the professional way they progressed the matter through to completion.”(David Hughes, Executive Deputy Chairman, Aukett Swanke Plc)
“The Freeths team under Tom’s steerage have consistently provided Northbridge with top quality service, intelligent cost efficiencies and an excellent outcome.”(Craig Robinson, Finance Director, Northbridge Industrial Services)
“An outstanding job from a truly first class team.”(Nigel Payne, Chairman, Hangar 8 Plc)
“Tom Rowley of Freeths LLP is a ‘very knowledgeable, sensible and personable legal adviser’ who is ‘commercially and practically minded’.”(Chambers & Partners)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014