FinTech & Payment Services
Specialist FinTech lawyers
With a dedicated team of specialist financial services lawyers who understand the needs of fintech and payment services clients, we can assist you with all of the needs for a technology driven financial services business. Our financial services regulation team can guide you through the FCA authorisation process and advise on a wide range of ongoing regulatory issues to ensure your services are fully compliant.
We also have experts that understand cryptocurrency and cryptoassets and regularly advise on emerging technologies in this area.
Payment industry expertise
Our payment services specialists have in-depth understanding of the regulatory complexities and commercial issues facing payment services firms, and have experience assisting bring new payments services firms to the market.
We also understand how data is crucially important to fintechs and our data lawyers are experts in helping you protect and manage your data.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our financial services team includes lawyers recommended in the legal directories, reflecting the quality and breadth of expertise in the industry.
- We can assist fintechs and payment services firms at all stages of growth with our cross-practice expertise.
- Our regulatory practice provides businesses with solutions to complex regulatory issues and has considerable experience in handling regulatory investigations and ensuring compliance on behalf of organisations and individuals.
- We provide a tailored service for our fintech clients tailored to the needs of a fintech business. Our fintech group draws on the expertise of our specialists from across our range of practice areas ensuring that the advice you receive is practical, commercial and tailored to your business.
Our specialists in our financial services sector work seamlessly to provide a fully integrated service, including advice on corporate transactions and investments rounds, employment, intellectual property and media, commercial contracts, IT and data protection.
FinTech & Payment Services Lawyers
FCA Announces New Gateway for Approving Financial PromotionsArticles 5th Oct 2023
Financial Conduct Authority introduces new financial promotions rules for cryptocurrenciesArticles 29th Jun 2023
Cryptocurrency and FTX, 6 months onArticles 7th Jun 2023
- Advising an insurtech start-up on its data driven home insurance product, including securing FCA authorisation, advising on an ongoing basis on a number of legal issues and advising on and drafting its key agreements with its carriers and Appointed Representatives.
- Acting for a leading UK online provider of interest-free “buy now pay later” credit in relation to a £60,000,000 investment and funding round and providing ongoing regulatory advice.
- Advising a lending platform provider on acting as lender of record in relation to a loan book of regulated mortgage contracts with a total value of around £4billion.
- Advising a fintech start-up on payment services and its key agreements in respect of its new product aimed at revolutionising how employees are paid.
- Advising a leading consumer credit reporting company on the payment services issues arising from an acquisition.
- Advising a start-up equity investment platform on structuring its business and the platform, the design of the platform, its agreements with key suppliers, its agreements with clients and its ongoing regulatory obligations.
- Providing ongoing regulatory advice to an alternative investment funds platform.
- Advising an over the counter cryptocurrency derivatives margin calculation agent on the EU regulations relating to margin calculation and EU risk mitigation requirements for over the counter derivatives that are not cleared by a central clearing house.
- Advising an Estonian cryptocurrency platform and wallet provider on the regulatory issues relating to providing its cryptocurrency services to customers based in the UK and its anti-money laundering requirements.
- Advising a start-up virtual mobile phone network provider on its anti-money laundering requirements relating to providing its customers with the ability to access a cryptocurrency platform.
- Advising a major online tyre retailer on the payment services issues arising out of the operation of its platform.
- Advising a multi-national retail chain on payment services and e-money requirements and utilising the limited network exemption.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014