The Future of Retail – Is Augmented Reality a Silver Bullet for the Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Sectors?
Freeths would like to invite you to the next live webinar within our Future of Retail series, with a spotlight on Digitalisation – Is augmented reality a silver bullet for the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sectors?
For some time now, augmented reality (AR) has been considered an exciting technology of the future. However, it has actually been around for some time, and the holistic AR future is a lot closer than most people realise. The opportunities are many, and several brands are already using AR in various ways to engage with their customers, drive sales and bring further creativity to the physical customer experience.
During this thought-provoking panel event, Freeths, Darabase and Insider Trends will discuss some of the opportunities AR presents in the Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Sectors, and how to prepare and overcome some of the practical and legal challenges you may face.
Date: 17th March 2021
Time: 10:30am – 11:30am
Got a question? Ask the panel. You can put your questions to our expert team, by submitting your questions upon registration or you will also be able to ask live on the day.
Jack Stratten, Senior Trends Consultant at Insider Trends will:
- Examine some consumer trends around AR usage and in particular, how that’s evolved during the pandemic
- Discuss how AR is having its ‘swipe left’ moment – a distinctive turning point where this technology is now becoming familiar and instinctive
- Highlight some examples of how retailers are currently using AR effectively and at scale
David Bomphrey, co-founder of Darabase will:
- Answer the question, what is location-based AR and how it can be used to drive growth
- Discuss common myths around AR and barriers to adoption
- Showcase the exciting advertiser opportunities that AR presents
- Uncover the opportunities with AR and how to mitigate the associated risks
Freeths Head of Intellectual Property and Media, Simon Barker will then lead an interactive panel session.
Joining Jack and David on the panel will be:
- Luke Dixon, Data Protection, E-Privacy and Cyber Partner at Freeths and;
- Darren Williamson, National Head of Real Estate at Freeths.
The Panel will discuss the benefits of adopting AR, how to start embracing it, and how to navigate the challenges you may face as a retailer highlighting what you can do to mitigate any associated risk risks to help drive growth.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014