Freeths Leeds Corporate team shortlisted in Yorkshire Dealmaker Awards
We are pleased to announce that the Freeths Corporate team in Leeds have been shortlisted for three awards at the forthcoming Business Insider magazine Yorkshire Dealmakers Awards. This is recognition of the excellent work completed by the growing team in Yorkshire.
The categories are:
- Deal up to £5m
- Deal over £25m
- Corporate Law Firm of the Year
These deal categories recognise the excellent work done by Yorkshire advisers.
Deal up to £5m – Acquisition of Words & Pictures by Definition. Definition is a multi-award-winning agency combining strategic public relations, digital media, content production and marketing expertise to create a new force in national and international reputation management. Deal over £25m – Merger of Lomond Capital and Linley & Simpson. Linley & Simpson is a market-leading residential lettings and sales agency.
In the past year, the Leeds team have completed over 30 exciting deals. Some of these are below:
- Advised Gym King on its investment by JD Sports plc
- Advised Checkmate on its acquisition of Rosse Systems
- Advised Twenty20 Capital on multiple disposals
- Advised Growth Partner on its acquisition of a significant stake in Easy Bathrooms
- Advised Growth Partner on its acquisition of a significant stake in Wave Direct
- Advised the shareholders of Outdoor Living on the sale to BuyItDirect
- Advised in connection with Elevation Recruitment Group transitioning to an employee ownership trust
- Advised CloudCall Group plc on fundraising of £7.5 million
- Accelerated book build for Immotion raising £1.2 million
- Supported leading private equity firm Mobeus Equity Partners’ investment in The Boundary
Corporate Partner, Dahren Naidoo said, “In challenging circumstances, we are delighted that as a team we have managed to continue to service our core clients, and add new ones; and, in doing so, act on some of the most exciting transactions both in the Yorkshire region and beyond.”
The awards ceremony takes place on Thursday 18th November 2021 and we are delighted to be recognised for another successful year.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014