Understanding Mandatory Biodiversity Net Gain
The recent confirmation (21st February 2023) that the Mandatory Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) regime will be going ahead from November 2023 means that new housing, commercial and infrastructure developments will have to deliver a 10% BNG from November onwards. This short webinar will explain the nuts and bolts of the new regime, what to expect and how to deal with it.
Join our experts as they discuss what this means as they provide an overview on the following:
- What is Mandatory Biodiversity Net Gain under the Environment Act 2021 and how will things change?
- When do the requirements come into force?
- What options does a developer have to meet the mandatory 10% gain BNG target?
- How can a developer create their own offsite biodiversity units?
- How will this affect outline permissions and reserved matters applications?
We are also considering re-running our more detailed ticketed half-day “Mandatory BNG for Developers” legal course (ran initially last autumn), if you would like more information, please register your interest here and we can send you details of the costs and content.
Date: Friday 24 March 2023
Time: 10:00am – 11:00am
Our follow-up webinar to be announced later this spring will focus on how to handle BNG in relation to matters such as:
- Negotiations with LPAs to optimise grant of planning permissions
- Development plans and EiPs
- Promoting allocations and planning appeals
- Considerations for land purchase contracts, options and promotion agreements
If you have any queries regarding this webinar, please get in touch with our Environmental Team.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014