National Security and Investment Regime
Navigating your transactions through national security and foreign direct investment scrutiny
What is involved?
The UK is bringing in wide new powers to capture both UK and foreign investors planning to acquire interests in businesses, land and assets connected to the UK.
The new National Security and Investment regime will create a standalone regime for Government scrutiny of investments which present a possible risk to national security in the UK. The regime applies to both UK and foreign investors and investments and will sit alongside, but be completely separate from, the existing (voluntary) merger control regime. Transactions will now need to be assessed for both competition and national security issues.
Our team of experienced lawyers help our UK and foreign investor clients navigate this new regime with strategic national security advice. We offer innovative solutions, technical expertise and commercial advice to deliver for our clients.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our team is led by experienced lawyers with deep insight into the ever-changing national security landscape and challenges facing UK and foreign investors
- We provide coherent and strategic advice on national security risk at the earliest stages of transaction planning to mitigate deal disruption
- We offer a ‘one-stop shop’ for managing both merger control and national security notifications and issues
- We have extensive experience in engaging with the Government on national security issues and use advocacy to achieve the desired outcomes for our clients
- Advising a major international group in the construction engineering and mobility services sectors on its acquisition of a consultancy providing services to nuclear sector clients
- Advising a network service provider on the national security implications of an acquisition within the telecommunications sector
- Advising a combined authority on its strategic partnership with a large French construction company to deliver a digital infrastructure project in the UK
Contact our Competition department to find out how our lawyers can help your business.
Alternatively complete the form below:
I’m really happy with the work you’ve done for us and so I hope you don’t mind I’ll be coming to you with anything we need advice on in the future!”
(Jenni Richards, Federation Manager, British Glass)
“I appreciate your support and Freeths collectively as always.”
(Andrew Pike, Managing Director, Hubergroup)
“We are very pleased with this outcome and would thank you for your expertise here.”
(Jane Hull, Underwriting Director, Tokio Marine HCC)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014