Compliance & Regulatory
What is involved?
In a time of ever increasing scrutiny and regulation, Government and other investigative bodies are now armed with greater powers than ever before. Their ability to pursue both companies and individuals makes non-compliance a serious issue and means that inspections by any regulator must be taken very seriously.
It is therefore crucial for your company to stay compliant with competition and other regulatory law and for your key personnel to be fully prepared and ready to survive a Dawn Raid inspection. When faced with these events help is at hand from someone you can trust who has been there before.
Freeths’ Competition and Regulatory teams are recognised for delivering specialist legal and strategic advice. Together we have trained every member of our dedicated Dawn Raid response teams to uphold this reputation. Operating nationally and with established relationships with law firms internationally, we are able to offer the reassurance of a ‘complete’ Dawn Raid solution, whatever the circumstances, with specialised experts on call to mobilise and rapidly deploy to your offices within 30 minutes of your call.
Why choose Freeths?
- We will establish a dedicated telephone number to reach the entire Freeths’ response team in the event of a Dawn Raid inspection by a competition authority (or any other regulator)
- We produce Dawn Raid Policies for you to roll out across your company and one page Dawn Raid Guidelines for your key staff, including Reception, Security, IT, Senior Management and your internal Dawn Raid response team
- We carry out mock Dawn Raids to test procedures in practice and/or competition audits to investigate your IT systems forensically to ascertain competition law risk.
- We offer training on how to react to a Dawn Raid
- Having established relationships with local law firms internationally, each of whom we work regularly with and trust, we are very well placed if there were to be a multi-site Dawn Raid that extended to your international offices at the same time as the UK inspection
As your trusted legal advisers, we provide rapid first line support in the event of a Dawn Raid, drawing on dedicated on-call Dawn Raid response teams from our 11 offices across the country.
"Paul Burnley of Freeths LLP is well regarded for his broad practice, which covers the full gamut of health and safety law. He defends clients against prosecution and criminal investigations, as well as representing them in inquests."
(Chambers & Partners, 2018)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014