Commercial & Individual Reputation Protection
Areas of Reputation Protection
What is involved?
Our IP & Media expertise covers the full ambit of Commercial and Individual Reputation Protection and Management.
In a landscape where the rules of engagement are ever-evolving under longstanding tensions between the right to reputation and freedom of expression; and where the battleground has moved onto a rapid, 24/7 online sphere, we lead the fight for you.
Our reputation protection expertise includes:
- All aspects of Defamation (libel and slander);
- Malicious falsehood (trade libel);
- Pre-publication advice and strategy aimed at stopping or shaping stories;
- Privacy invasions (misuse of private information & breach of confidence);
- Personal data breaches under the GDPR;
- Post cyber security data leak advice and strategy;
- Advice and strategy after product recall;
- Identifying anonymous online posters and bloggers;
- Advice on the ‘right to be forgotten’ and information erasure from the internet;
- Online harassment issues;
- Social media reputation management (including on Facebook and Twitter);
- Advice on regulatory media complaints at IPSO, Ofcom or the ICO.
We also utilise our expertise in intellectual property law to get the best result for our clients where media law issues and IP collide.
Why choose Freeths?
In line with our firm’s philosophy, we strongly believe in delivering commercial and entrepreneurial (as well as legal) solutions to our clients’ reputation issues, in an efficient and cost-effective way.
We call this ‘freethinking’ and believe our philosophy makes us stand out from our City firm rivals because we can offer a high quality solutions driven media law service at a price which is lower than the City market standard.
Contact us to discuss how we may help you.
Reputation Protection Lawyers
0845 050 3289
0845 634 2583
0114 263 9438
0845 166 6251
0845 404 1730
0845 070 3811
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014