Because your home is your castle
Areas of Residential Property
What is involved?
Buying a new home, or selling your current one, is one of the most important transactions you can make. It can also be one of the most complex and stressful; which is where our high quality conveyancing service can help you. Whether you’re an investor or are looking to buy your first home, we can offer you specialist property advice – delivered with a careful eye on your timescales to give you peace of mind.
Our property lawyers can help you with the sales and purchases of houses and flats, remortgages, auctions, residential landlord and tenant law, legacy and trust properties, first registrations of title, equity release loans, transfers of equity, leasehold enfranchisement, or planning and environmental issues.
Why choose Freeths?
- Less stress for you – our friendly, efficient lawyers work hard to achieve successful transactions
- We are used to dealing with a range of issues and regularly advise on all aspects
- You’ll be expertly guided through the legal process and kept informed by us at every stage
- Our dedicated team provides a personal conveyancing service, to meet your requirements
- One of the first firms to achieve accreditation under the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme
Our dedicated team of residential property lawyers is used to dealing with any issues that may crop up along the way.
We provide a bespoke conveyancing service, enabling a prompt and efficient conclusion of your transaction – while limiting the inherent stresses and strains of a complicated process. You’ll deal with a specialist conveyancing lawyer, equipped with the knowledge to achieve the result you want.
We provide solutions-based expertise, down-to-earth common sense, and sensible but firm negotiation. Give us a call to see how we can help you.
Residential Property Lawyers
0186 578 1058
0186 578 1162
0186 578 1007
0186 578 1218
Associate (Licensed Conveyancer)
0186 578 1149
0186 578 1171
0845 274 6854
0845 077 9583
0845 274 6860
0845 128 6968
0186 578 1141
Senior Property Executive
0845 050 3663
0845 077 9566
Stamp Duty Land Tax: Residential Property after the Autumn Statement: what happens next?Articles 2nd Mar 2016
Buy-to-let investmentNews 25th Mar 2015
"Thank you so much for your hard work and patience in bringing our purchase to a successful close."
"I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for being such a super solicitor! Your respect to reply quickly to emails on all occasions, your swiftness in dealing with matters including any postal correspondence - I have never experienced such efficiency when buying and selling many properties over the last 35 years."
"Thank you for introducing us to your Partner, Lesley Pollock. She provided an excellent service for our clients and we achieved all the objectives in hand."
"We had a 2 week timescale from offer to completion. Laura ensured that everything went to plan and was extremely professional."
"They are superb. It's thanks to them that we got through our matter without having a nervous breakdown. I can't recommend them highly enough."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
"They are extremely thorough, very knowledgeable and possess good communication skills."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
"Thanks again for the work you did on my house purchase, it all went extremely smoothly and your team were brilliant, I couldn't have asked for a better service."
"I would like to say how much I appreciate the professionalism and diligence you have demonstrated in dealing with this case and, in my mind, the unacceptable complications that have arisen."
"I do want to thank you for the excellent way in which you managed all the professional work in connection with my move. I very much appreciated the fact you were aware of the necessity for haste and that you were always available for meetings to fit in with my own schedule."
"Very happy with service received, have heard of others having problems with their solicitor but pleased to say Melissa was prompt, professional and kind - will recommend to others!"
- In her work for high profile individuals, Melissa has acted on the purchase of London properties with sale prices in excess of £10 million.
- Assisting with a purchase of £27.5 million landed estate extending to 2,725 acre comprising Grade II* listed Hall, arable land comprising 6 farms let on a mixture of Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies and Farm Business Tenancies, woodland, commercial properties and numerous residential properties. Advised on title and tenancy issues and identified SDLT savings.
- Remortgage of a property worth in excess of £6 million in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, working closely with the lender to ensure release of monies in a timely manner.
- Disposal of a listed manor house and land with a value of over £4 million. Advance preparation of the title and enquiries package, and providing search results to the buyer’s solicitors, resulted in an exchange of contracts within a week of the memorandum of sale being issued. What could have been a stressful situation for the seller was kept to a minimum by careful advice and liaison with the selling agents. This ensured that any likely issues were addressed in advance of the property being brought to the market.
- Purchase of a £3 million leasehold property in Westminster with a deadline for exchange of just seven hours.
- Acquisition of a property in the Oxford area for high net worth non-resident individuals. Contracts were exchanged within a tight timescale (7 days) and finance requirements were dealt with between exchange and completion. The case settles for a value of over £10 million.
- Exchange of Contracts for the sale of a freehold property within 48 hours of instruction.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014