"Kim Jones has a great capability to communicate complex issues in a manner that is clearly understandable by trustees and senior management teams alike."
(The Legal 500, 2020)
Kim started her career at Irwin Mitchell LLP and joined Freeths in 2017.
She has more than ten years pensions law experience and specialises in advising trustees and employers in relation to all aspects of pensions law.
Kim has particular experience in advising on scheme mergers, scheme wind-ups on a solvent and insolvent basis (including dealing with the Pension Protection Fund) and benefit design changes, including closure of schemes to future accrual. She also advises on the pensions aspects of corporate transactions including refinancing, restructurings, sales and acquisitions.
Kim is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2020 edition).
Kim also provides advice in relation to Small Self-Administered Schemes and Self-Invested Personal Pensions and advises employers in the public sector in relation to the pension implications of outsourcing agreements, the application of TUPE and managing exit debts on cessation of participation.
Kim has experience of managing both defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes having had several years’ experience acting on behalf of an independent trustee company. Kim regularly advises individuals with pension disputes which are subject to the internal dispute resolution procedure and also complaints submitted to the Pension Ombudsman.
- Acting on behalf of an independent trustee company in relation to the refinancing of the sponsoring employer.
- Advising a large occupational defined contribution scheme in relation to the automatic enrolment duties, the introduction of a salary sacrifice arrangement, resolving death benefit queries and implementing the new DC pension flexibilities.
- Successfully acting for an employer in defending a pensions litigation matter concerning the operation of the Section 75 debt regime following a second stage outsourcing.
- Coronavirus and Auto-Enrolment
- Coronavirus: Employment insurance policies
- Lost Your Lifetime Allowance Protection? You may be able to get it back
- Auto Enrolment Pensions Update: Spring Cleaning Before Spring?
- A Christmas Carol by Freeths
- Remember, remember the 5th November
- Halloween Horror – Auto-enrolment Armageddon
- Sun, Scams and Tax in the Pensions World
- Freeths celebrates female pensions shining star
- Pensions: Two out of three ain’t bad
- Man the Barricades?
- Pensions: Snow With Easter Eggs
- Leeds office invests in their future
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014