Aviation & Marine
Dispute resolution & distressed asset management
What is involved?
Our team is led by Lindsey Clegg, whose work in the aviation industry resulted in her being named as a Rising Star by AirFinance Journal in 2013. We advise lessors/finance companies, owners, and airlines in difficult situations. These typically involve issues of asset preservation and recovery, urgent interim relief and substantive monetary claims.
We have significant experience advising in connection with marine finance, admiralty proceedings and in general asset finance recovery work – particularly where there is a cross-border element or flight risk involved. The team also regularly advises on contractual disputes arising within aviation supply chains and in the aviation sector generally and is part of our wider specialist Airports and Aviation sector group.
As part of our commitment to working with you, we are happy to offer bespoke in-house training to your in-house and or commercial teams and regularly deliver training days to in-house teams on distressed asset and dispute management. Call our Dispute Resolution team to find out how we could help you.
Why choose Freeths?
- Significant industry expertise obtained through acting for all parts of the industry: lessors and banks; airlines and private operators; airports; charterers; insurers; suppliers and manufacturers – we know your industry, speak your language and understand how you, and your opponent, might be thinking
- Pragmatic, commercial solutions: our team gives you answers not options
- We review situations quickly, often advising on an initial telephone call, to prevent potential issues escalating into fully blown disputes and neutralising potential flight risk
- Where advice and assistance is required in other jurisdictions, we work with the best in breed specialist local law firms. We are not tied to branch offices or restricted networks who often lack the industry expertise required. We are also happy to work with your own local advisors in other jurisdictions
Alternatively complete the form below:
Aviation & Marine Lawyers
National Head of Team
0345 077 9581
0345 030 5793
0345 077 9581
0345 030 5789
Freeths advises Livingstone Skies on the sale of Livingstone AviationNews 3rd May 2023
Travel disruption and flight cancellations – The blame gameArticles 6th Jun 2022
- Representing a Turkish airline in Commercial Court proceedings commenced by a lessor, following the catastrophic failure of the leased asset during a commercial passenger flight.
- Representing a holiday company in Commercial Court proceedings commenced following its failure to take delivery of two Boeing 767 aircraft.
- Acting for the owner and lessor of a Dassault Falcon 7x aircraft to successfully resolve claims valued at US $33 million commenced in three jurisdictions by the French head-finance company following default by the Russian sub-lessee, securing a full indemnity for all losses and costs for her clients.
- Advising finance companies and banks on a number of distressed aircraft leasing accounts, including in relation to early intervention and distressed asset management planning, securing, recovery and/or repossession of the aircraft, third party lien claims against the aircraft, asset sale and recovery of shortfalls following sales, securing their investments and minimising losses and risk in default situations
- Advising an aircraft engine manufacturer in a variety of disputes arising out of the interpretation, implementation and renegotiation of long-term supply and partnering agreements with critical component supply partners.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014