Trade Mark & Brand Management
Establishing awareness for your brand
What is involved?
Your Brands/Trade marks play an important role in establishing product awareness and customer loyalty in today’s competitive market. Our dedicated IP & Media team are experts on trade marks. Whether you are choosing a new brand for the UK or global market or you wish to protect an existing brand, our experience is at hand to assist.
Our expertise includes advice on all areas affecting registered and unregistered trade marks, brands and product get-up including management and maintenance of your IP portfolio.
We aim to provide a high quality, cost-effective and solutions-driven service that is focussed on your business objectives in managing and protecting your Brand and Trade marks.
Why choose Freeths?
We have a dedicated IP team which brings together the skills of specialised IP solicitors, trade mark attorneys and professionals. We have also built an extensive network of trusted and similarly skilled lawyers around to world whom we work with.
That means we have the breadth of skills and experience to deliver thoughtful strategies that are centred on your commercial goals whether now or in the future across the world. In line with our own brand strategy we strive to deliver results by thinking differently, building trust and by doing the right thing.
Call our experienced Intellectual Property team to find out more.
We can assist you in creation and selection of new brands through to their protection and enforcement. Our work includes:
- Advising on whether a trade mark can be registered
- Conducting searches either in the UK or abroad to uncover any possible problems in using your new trade mark, or in obtaining registration
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark and design applications through to registration
- Watching for competitor and third party trade mark filings
- Company name watching and disputes
- Opposing, invalidating and cancelling (for non-use) third party trade mark applications and negotiating settlement / co-existence agreements where appropriate
- IP portfolio management and delivery of branding strategies
- IP maintenance, including renewing existing Trade Marks, (Designs and Patents)
- Trade mark and IP dispute resolution
- IP due diligence
- Drafting and recording IP transactions globally, including licences and assignments
Trade Mark & Brand Management Lawyers
0845 634 2583
0845 166 6251
0845 404 1730
0845 128 7979
0845 634 1735
0845 070 3811
0845 077 9662
Sky v Skykick: High Court seeks clarity on broad trade mark specificationsArticles 9th Mar 2018
"Provides commercially minded, practical advice and understands our business aims."
(Chambers & Partners)
"Great efficiency and quick answers."
(The Legal 500)
"One of the most reactive and effective firms in the UK."
(The Legal 500)
- Successful settlement of a claim in passing off and infringement of trade marks for the shape of a chocolate bar and counterclaims for invalidity of those marks.
- Prosecuting application for a court injunction restraining the use of a client’s trade mark against a politically sensitive defendant.
- Defending a claim for trade mark infringement and passing off relating to frozen meals; early strategic attack of the Claimant’s trade marks and successful negotiation; settling the claim and application for interim injunction. Settlement achieved in approximately 5 weeks.
- Proactively identified and advised the successful clearance (for use and registration) of an important trade mark in certain goods classes by advising and deploying a strategy to attack third party rights; which meant the client avoided significant future costs of litigation.
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark applications through to registration of UK, EU, International and foreign trade marks.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014