Getting the result you deserve
Areas of Personal Injury
What is involved?
If you or someone you know has been injured or has died in an accident at work, a road traffic or cycling accident, or you are the victim of a crime of violence you need advice from our experienced Personal Injury Team.
We can work quickly and effectively to achieve just and fair compensation for you. Our Personal Injury Lawyers have proven legal-services in obtaining the best results for our clients in all types of injury claims.
In particular Jane Goulding has an outstanding reputation in brain injury, spinal injury and other catastrophic injury cases.
Where a serious injury means a client does not have the ability to manage their own financial affairs, we can advise both on the investment of compensation through setting up a personal injury trust, and future management of their money by our Court of Protection team.
Why choose Freeths?
- You can benefit from a free initial half hour interview
- We offer a practical approach. We can see you at any of our offices or we will travel to see you at home or in hospital where appropriate
- We are known for the personal service we provide our clients and for ensuring we obtain the best possible results
- We will ensure we get the best possible outcome for you
- We know how important rehabilitation is
- We will ensure that the best rehabilitation team is put together to help you improve and achieve the best possible outcome
- We will ensure that we obtain interim payments as soon as possible to assist you following an accident
Call us or contact us to discuss your case and we will explain how we can help you.
You have the reassurance that certain members of the team are on the Personal Injury Solicitor’s list for Headway (the Brain Injury Association), the Spinal Injuries Association, the Child Brain Injury Trust, the Law Society Personal Injury Panel and are accredited members of APIL (the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) – testimony to their experience in this field.
"Expert catastrophic injury group that operates within a strong nationwide practice. Highlighted for its specialist knowledge in brain and spinal injury cases, including those impacting children."
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
"Department head Jane Goulding is lauded for her expertise in RTAs and catastrophic injury cases, with a focus on brain injury claims for both children and adults. Sources describe her as 'a true specialist and expert in high-value personal injury litigation', adding that 'she is incredibly hard working' and 'her client care is exemplary'."
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
"Freeths LLP is a 'regional leader', where the team demonstrates ‘consummate skill, client care and relentless attention to detail', placing it 'head and shoulders' above competitors. 'One of the best' Jane Goulding 'uses her guile, experience and unfailing devotion to fight tooth and nail for her personal injury clients'."
(The Legal 500, 2017)
"'One of the best' Jane Goulding 'uses her guile, experience and unfailing devotion to fight tooth and nail for her personal injury clients'."
(The Legal 500, 2017)
"According to an interviewee, Jane Goulding is 'the best personal injury solicitor in the country'. She is held in particularly high regard for her expertise in brain injury cases, including those resulting from RTAs."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
"Mr Thobourne was always very understanding, supportive and always very informative. He was always at the other end of the phone when I needed advice and gave an excellent service for Freeths."
"Thank you very much for being so persistent, thorough and competent on this case. You kept me regularly up to date and always provided clear and directive information. Hope you are also pleased with the outcome, we achieved a good result and it is great that it closes this way."
"Claire was compassionate and professional throughout offering clear support and advice through a traumatic period of my life."
"Freeths LLP has a 'very efficient and client-focused' personal injury team which 'achieves good outcomes even in the riskier claims'."
(The Legal 500, 2019)
A source comments that "they're very good on catastrophic cases; clients feel really listened to by the solicitors and they're always very available."
(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
- Within the last twelve months we have attracted a number of catastrophic injury cases all of which are new. Three of these cases have values exceeding £4 million, they are children with traumatic brain/spinal cord injuries with significant values.
- Jane Goulding is well known nationally for her Claimant brain injury and spinal cord injury work for children and adults. At the current time she has eleven cases with values exceeding £3 million. Two cases settled last year one for £12 million and one with a capitalised value of over £12 million.
- Jane acted on a case where the claimant was seriously injured in a road traffic accident. There were complexities with regard to the accident circumstances, but eventually judgement was obtained against the defendant. Interim payments were obtained on a regular basis either voluntarily or by Court Order to enable a rehabilitation programme to be put in place to assist the claimant to assist him moving from residential accommodation into his own property, with a full care package, aids and equipments. This resulted in a final settlement in the case of £5 million (before the change in discount rate).
- Jane acted on a case where the file was transferred from another firm of solicitors, as the family had lost faith and trust in them. Her client had sustained serious brain injury as a result of an accident with a child. The previous firm had obtained a huge number of interim payments – so much that it was difficult to persuade the defendants to pay further interim payments which made obtaining rehab for this claimant difficult.
- A dependency claim arising out of a road traffic fatal accident, pleaded in excess of £1 million.
- A brain injury case arising from a fall into a pub cellar which settled in excess of £1 million.
- An accident at work causing significant foot and ankle injuries which settled for £261,000.
- A claim arising out of building site accident resulting in significant foot injuries and toe amputation which settled for £212,500.
- Secured compensation of £1 million for a client who suffered catastrophic brain injuries and physical injuries as a result of an accident at work. This enabled the client to adapt their home and have a bespoke care package in place to relieve the pressure from their relatives.
- Obtained a settlement in excess of £860,000 for a client who suffered permanent physical and psychological problems following a road traffic accident which included an award for alternative accommodation and adaptations.
- Secured an award in excess of £230,000 from the CICA for a childhood abuse case.
- Secured a compensation award in excess of £205,000 for a client who sustained physical injuries whilst abroad on a package holiday.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014