Partner & Joint Lead of Major Projects
‘Jackie Heeds with whom we worked, was very thorough and committed to completing the tasks on hand. She was always available to explain and work through solutions that were acceptable to both the parties.’
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Jackie is a leading expert in infrastructure and commercial transactions with over 20 years of experience in various market sectors. She specialises in projects involving joint ventures, public private partnerships, energy, accommodation, transport and regeneration. She also leads Freeths Heat Network team, which advises on the development and operation of heat networks across the UK. Jackie has extensive skills in drafting and negotiating of complex commercial agreements and ancillary documentation for public and private sector clients as well as lenders.
She is recognised as a Recommended Lawyer and Leading Individual by The Legal 500 (2024 edition).
Jackie has also recently been shortlisted as part of the Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards for the Lawyer of the Year award.
- Government Agency, acting on post-secondary education Project, involving provision/financing of six higher education buildings and their subsequent operation and maintenance.
- Multinational Funder, advising on commercial due diligence for funder on South West University following previous advice on two other University projects.
- Major Government Department, preparing due diligence report following a review of various contracts, advising on the obligations, rights, remedies and liabilities set out in the documents.
- Global Development Institution, advising on international Hospital PPP Project working alongside local firm, overseeing due diligence process and feeding into final draft report ahead of approval by ultimate client to proceed to full procurement for appointment of bidder to design, build and operate hospital.
- Freeths advises International Public Partnerships on acquisition of UK PPP Portfolio
- Freeths Advises International Public Partnerships on another PPP acquisition
- Health PFI Handback – Top Tips for Managing Expiry Webinar
- Health PFI Handback – Re-inheriting a PFI asset: milestone or pot of gold?
- Health PFI Handback – Top tips for managing contracts leading up to PFI expiry
- Freeths Funding a Better Future series: Series wrap up and Q&A
- Health PFI Handback – Top tips for managing expiry
- Onward with the creation of Freeports
- Funding a better Future – Vlog series
- I watched it so you don’t have to… Public Accounts Committee: Managing the expiry of PFI contracts
- PFI Handback: Protecting your investment
- PFI Handback: Act now to protect your investment – 3rd November 2020
- Freeths are pleased to announce the appointment of Jackie Heeds
To contact Jackie or for more information…
“…having great legal skill and superb ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team” and praised for her “ability to deliver complex projects.”(The Legal 500, 2020)
“Leading Individual” in her field, and described as “brilliant”, “having great legal skill and superb ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team” and being praised for her “ability to deliver complex projects” with vast experience in infrastructure transactions procured through PFI/PPP/PF2.(The Legal 500)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014