‘Lee Clifford is an absolutely incredible partner. His ability to cut to the issues, understand what is important for his clients, and he delivers first time, every time. To get the level of capability and personal service is unusual and highly valued.’
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Lee is a partner specialising principally in private company work including private equity investments, mergers and acquisitions, disposals and private restructuring.
He acts for funders, entrepreneurs, corporates and investors. Lee’s expertise includes significant experience in private equity, acting for both private equity sponsors and management teams.
Lee is listed as a Leading Individual in The Legal 500 (2024 edition) & Corporate and Commercial in Chambers & Partners (2024 edition).
- Advising the shareholders of Funeral Services Partnership (including August Equity) on the sale to Montagu Private Equity.
- Advising private equity backed Away Resorts on the acquisition of Sandy Balls Holiday Village.
- Advising LDC on the buyout of Forest Holidays.
- Advising the shareholders of CTC Aviation on the £75 million sale to Inflexion Private Equity.
- Advising the shareholders of Angel Springs on the £60 million sale to Castik Capital.
- Advising the management team on the MBO of Flow Communications backed by Maven Capital Partners.
- Advising management on the sale of Santia Holdings to Inflexion backed Alcumus Holdings.
- Advising the management team of Clamason Industries Limited on the management buyout by Connection Capital.
- Now Education completes management buyout
- Freeths scoops triple accolade at prestigious awards
- Freeths advises LDC on investment into specialist production agency
- Freeths advise on the sale of leading provider of circular IT solutions to Canadian based company
- Freeths celebrate success at the Midlands Dealmakers Awards 2022
- Freeths support LDC-backed Cardel on cross-border acquisition and growth plans
- Freeths corporate team advises on the sale of Vox Group
- Freeths advises LDC on the minority investment into Shaken Udder
- Freeths win Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2020
- Freeths advise Egis on its latest acquisition
- Freeths Birmingham Corporate Team Advise BGF backed Hydrock on its latest Acquisition
- Freeths team advises on strategic partnership between Hiplok and uvex
- Freeths advises Innovative Safety Systems on significant private equity investment
- Freeths take lead role on Deal of the Year
- Freeths advises BGF on its investment in global returns business ReBound
- Freeths advises management on the £22.5m MBO of Precision Micro
- Freeths advise on the sale of Anisa Consolidated Holdings Limited to Sanderson Group Plc
To contact Lee or for more information…
“Lee advised the management team at Dennis Eagle on the original buy-out and on the subsequent sale. Lee has a wealth of experience in the private equity field which was used to achieve a very good commercial position for the management team. His pragmatic approach and personal interaction assisted us immensely in achieving our goals successfully. Lee’s knowledge of the private equity market enabled him to highlight the key points for the management team and give us an excellent guide on what was achievable in negotiations. His negotiating style was very effective and achieved an excellent result for the team.”(Mike Molesworth, CEO, Dennis Eagle Group)
“Lee advised us on a key acquisition. He was incredibly focused on the detail and took full control of the legal process. In particular, we very much appreciated his project management skills. Lee was instrumental in co-ordinating the due diligence process and was always the first point of call for our team. He was always a step ahead in the due diligence process and was able to steer us in the right direction whenever an issue arose. Being ahead on the deal issues was rewarded in the contractual negotiations, where we achieved an excellent result as part of an extremely well managed process.”(Jonathan Halford, Finance Director, Forest Garden Group Limited)
“Lee is a top professional who runs a number of great teams that have provided exceptional service to us across the board of requirements.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“Lee is simply one of the best corporate lawyers around.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“His technical ability, commerciality, ability to deal with people and service levels are superb.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“His technical capabilities are excellent, his client service is superb and his commerciality is impeccable.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
‘Lee Clifford is exceptional. He provides excellent service from across his team while giving a personal approach. Lee is always available and takes the time to understand the situation, the wider transaction and what you are trying to achieve. A stand-out corporate lawyer in the Midlands, respected across the community.(The Legal 500, 2023)
“Lee is very commercially aware and always provides sound considered advice.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
“Working with Lee is brilliant. His care and attention has been exceptional. He is really good to deal with.” “He is excellent to work with and very responsive to our needs.”(Chambers & Partners, 2022)
“He is very pragmatic and practical. He is someone who facilitates deals getting done.”(Chambers & Partners, 2022)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014