Getting to the heart of the matter
What is involved?
Most heart conditions and cardiac operations are successfully managed, but sometimes things go wrong. Mistakes may lead to a patient suffering unnecessary pain or, at the other end of the scale, brain damage, serious injury and even death. We will work with you to get the support you need, whether it is care or rehabilitation, and help claim compensation for medical mismanagement or misdiagnosis.
We are experienced in claims relating to late or misdiagnosis and treatment of heart defects, high blood pressure, ischaemic heart disease (including heart attacks and angina), abnormal heart rhythms, or a failure to anticipate heart failure. We can also help with problems with pacemakers or surgical errors.
Why choose Freeths?
- A national reputation for providing the highest quality advice for all medical claims
- You’ll find our clinical negligence lawyers approachable, well-prepared and easy to talk to
- We are regularly ranked in the top tier of the Legal 500 and Chambers legal guides
- A superb client service, with a particular expertise in high value negligence claims
- Our legal teams are based all around the country, so we can come to you if necessary
Call our Clinical Negligence team now to see how we can help you.
Claims may also arise around misinterpretation of test results, or even appropriate tests not being carried out at all. In this area of medicine, prompt diagnosis and treatment is paramount.
It is possible that complications can result in a need for long term care, potentially for the rest of the patient’s life. Failures to treat your heart problem could have serious consequences – not being able to work or support your family, not being able to progress in your career, or not being able to enjoy your life to the full. Our nationally recognised clinical negligence team are experienced in putting people at ease and we understand that the last thing you need is more stress.
Alternatively complete the form below:
Our Cardiac Legal Team
- The claimant had a pacemaker inserted without the appropriate consent being obtained. The claim successfully relied on the case of Montgomery and settled for a sum in excess of £140,000.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014