'Peter Crawford brings the main issues to the fore and has a great commercial outlook.’
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Peter leads Freeths’ Sheffield corporate team. He previously worked in Cambridge and Brussels, returning to Sheffield in 2007.
Peter’s background is in company and commercial law. He has a broad range of experience of company acquisitions and disposals, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, implementing joint venture structures, refinancing and company law generally. He acts for a wide portfolio of both local and national clients.
Peter is listed as a Leading Individual for Corporate & Commercial by The Legal 500 (2024 edition).
- Advising on the disposal of Gordon Lamb Group Limited to Vertu Motors plc.
- Advising The Floow Limited on a £13 million minority investment round by Direct Line Group, Fosun and UEC.
- Advising on the management buy-in/buy-out of Alco Fasteners Limited.
- Advising on multiple acquisitions for Arkote Limited.
- Freeths advises UniHomes and its founders on a minority investment by LDC
- Freeths wins double accolade at South Yorkshire Dealmakers Awards
- Freeths bolsters commercial practice with strategic appointment
- Freeths LLP advises SBD Apparel Limited on the £12m acquisition of a new unit in Rotherham, creating hundreds of jobs
- Freeths Sheffield Corporate team announced as Corporate Law Firm of the Year
- NASDAQ-listed Otonomo moves for Sheffield based The Floow
- Freeths Sheffield Corporate team scoop industry prize after record year
- The benefits of shareholder protection and why it matters?
- Protecting against shareholder disputes
- Freeths advise on disposal of European Oat Millers to Richardson International
To contact Peter or for more information…
“Peter and his team handled the share sale of my private family business to a larger plc operator. It was a somewhat complex transaction given the age of the business, family members involved and the levels of governance dictated by the Plc buyer who had both internal and external lawyers involved. I am pleased to say that Peter covered this with panache. All elements were handled professionally and pragmatically both with efficiency and good humour (even on the longest of days). I would have no doubt in recommending him to anyone in similar circumstances.”(Stephen Lamb, Gordon Lamb Group Limited)
“Thank you and all your team for all your help in getting our investment completed on 10 October 2016… Without your patience, guidance, expertise and pure determination this just would not have happened… I would also say, that a relationship doesn’t just end with you at the deal being concluded, your aftercare, support and advice continues for years, a true godsend.”(Richard Mills, BrainTrain20:20 Limited)
‘Peter Crawford feels like a very long-term friend and has our best interest at heart in all ways.’(The Legal 500, 2023)
“Peter Crawford was the senior most person involved in our case and he impressed with his intelligence, experience and focus on achieving the best outcome.”(The Legal 500, 2022)
“Peter Crawford is reliable, super professional and makes an effort to feel like he is part of the client’s company.”(The Legal 500, 2020)
“A great listener and invests time into knowing his clients to better understand the direction they want to take’ and ‘makes clients feel at ease with his approach and professionalism which helps matters get completed quicker.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014