Financial Services Disputes
Financial disputes expertise
Our financial services team have decades of combined experience acting on complex financial services litigation, regulatory enforcement action and responding to FOS complaints.
We regularly advise wealth managers, financial advisers, lenders, credit brokers, payment service providers, insurers and insurance intermediaries on resolving disputes and liaising with the regulators.
Our insurance experts advise on insurance coverage issues and on bringing and defending insurance claims. Our consumer finance experts regularly advise lenders on high-value lending disputes involving regulatory issues, including arguments about the regulatory status of the lending and unfair relationship claims. They also advise brokers on mis-selling claims, regulatory enforcement action and FOS complaints.
Our team’s experience at dealing with a wide range of financial disputes also means our team can advise on risks to firms and on implementing risk management processes to avoid disputes and prevent enforcement action scenarios arising.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our financial services team includes lawyers recommended in the legal directories, reflecting the quality and breadth of expertise in the industry.
- Our Financial Services Disputes practice has considerable experience in handling regulatory investigations and ensuring compliance on behalf of organisations and individuals.
- We focus on efficiency, resolution and cost-effective solutions, ensuring the process avoids unnecessary cost. We achieve this by always focussing on achieving the best outcome, working with you to develop an action plan to achieve your objectives.
- Our financial services lawyers are sector specialists so you can be confident that disputes, enforcement action and complaints are handled properly by experts that genuinely understand the complexities of the financial services issues as well as the process being handled competently and robustly.
Financial Services Disputes Lawyers
National Head of Team
0345 274 6909
0345 274 6909
0345 030 5789
0345 404 4147
0345 030 5656
FCA Announces New Gateway for Approving Financial PromotionsArticles 5th Oct 2023
Financial Crime, the hottest trend in FCA enforcement?Articles 7th Feb 2023
Implementation of the consumer duty for asset managersArticles 15th Nov 2022
- Acting for clients in the automotive sector on dealing with a high volume of mis-selling claims and complaints brought by claims management companies and claimant law firms arising from mis-selling allegations and alleged secret commissions.
- Acting for a Trustee in Bankruptcy and successfully obtaining a declaration that a charge secured on a bankrupt’s matrimonial home was unenforceable under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Acting in relation to a cross border recovery action in respect of a multimillion pound Ponzi scheme in which investors funds had been misappropriated and the identity of the fraudulent parties was initially unclear.
- Acting for financial adviser subject to FCA investigation in respect of pension mis-selling allegations arising out of the collapse of the British Steel Pension Scheme.
- Advising a discretionary asset manager on an FCA investigation and allegations relating to its management of a UCITS fund.
- Advising a number of clients in respect of business interruption insurance claims for COVID-19 related losses.
- Advising on the special administration process in relation to a SIPP provider facing a number of mis-selling claims (of an approximate value of £8million) which arose following the decision in Berkeley Burke SIPP Administration Ltd v Financial Ombudsman Service Limited.
- Advising a mortgage broker on an FCA investigation.
- Acting for a credit broker and insurance intermediary in relation to FOS complaints and litigation in relation to mis-selling claims.
- Advising on the SMCR and regulatory reference aspects of a dispute.
- Advising a client on a multi-million pound claim involving several million pounds worth of alleged consumer loans provided by an unauthorised lender.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014