Your passport to success
What is involved?
We provide immigration services to companies, entrepreneurs and investors. We cover UK immigration and work with overseas advisers to provide global mobility services for other jurisdictions.
The UK is an attractive destination for businesses and investors. But there are legal hurdles to overcome in the context of Brexit.
Why choose Freeths?
- We have worked with some of the largest global brands, delivering innovative solutions to issues
- Our immigration lawyers are part of our experienced and nationally-recognised Employment team
- We provide effective, efficient advice and immigration services to a range of UK organisations
- You’ll have access to an advice services that covers all aspects of business immigration
- We run seminars, workshops and bespoke training courses throughout the year
Companies and EU workers
The legal status of EU citizens working in the UK will change post-Brexit.
Many EU workers are already leaving the UK or considering their options. Under the government’s current proposals they won’t have automatic statutory rights, equivalent to what they currently have in EU law, but instead will have a permission-based form of status.
We’re helping companies support their EU staff by making applications for EU status documents before Brexit. This will make it easier for them to secure their new status after Brexit, or to apply for British citizenship to give them protection against uncertainties.
International recruitment and sponsor compliance
Recruiting and retaining international workers from outside of the EU requires a sponsor licence. Securing and retaining this is becoming increasingly difficult. The rationale for the licence system is that selected companies in the private sector manage immigration risk on behalf of the Home Office. HR staff often handle the licence and international recruitment without the necessary legal support.
We have a sponsor training and legal support service, which covers sponsor licence compliance and international recruitment, from managing advertising and the so-called resident labour market test, through to assigning the correct certificate of sponsorship, advising on the immigration requirements, and supporting right to work checks.
Entrepreneurs, investors and immigration applications
An increasing threshold needs to be met under most of the Immigration Rules and the greater scope for discretion in decision making.
Additional scrutiny is being applied to immigration applications across the board. This effects all visa categories, including the entrepreneur and investor visa routes. Applicants often get stuck in appeals processes, or have to make fresh applications.
Freeths can give you the best prospect of succeeding first time. We also ensure that you understand the requirements: for extensions, indefinite leave to remain and British citizenship.
Call our Business Immigration team for a free consultation.
Business Immigration Lawyers
0845 128 6986
0845 166 6300
0845 166 6311
0845 166 6262
0845 166 6310
0845 166 6309
0845 166 6264
Brexit Briefing: The Government’s DefeatArticles 29th Jan 2019
Manchester Annual Employment and Immigration Law Update 2019Events 28th Jan 2019
Leeds Annual Employment and Immigration Law Update 2019Events 28th Jan 2019
"Ideal choice for contentious business immigration matters."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
"Emma Brooksbank of Freeths LLP is known for carrying off the difficult combination of being knowledgeable and authoritative while still down-to-earth and friendly. She advises corporations, education organisations and local authorities on a full range of immigration issues. "
(Chambers & Partners, 2018)
"The service you provided was perfect. I would definitely use your company again. Thank you"
"highly skilled" and "professional."
(The Legal 500, 2019)
- Advising an EU citizen and their his family on how to secure their status in the UK and to naturalise as British citizens immediately on approval of their Permanent Residence applications.
- Advising an international celebrity on entry clearance as a fiancée of a British national.
- Assisting a multinational fitness brand expanding into the UK with transfer of executives and business visitor visas.
- Advising a large company (a household name) on prevention of illegal working issues (new hires and follow up checks).
- The immigration aspects of corporate transactions (factoring immigration into due diligence and advising on the transfer of overseas executives or teams).
- Resisting enforcement action (threatened sponsor licence suspensions and revocations) on behalf of businesses.
- Successfully resisting a proposed revocation of a sponsor licence for a software company.
- Preventing the proposed revocation of a sponsor licence through legal representations following an unannounced UKVI inspection of an education provider.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014